ADVERTISEMENT

Ross-Ade Renovations

FirstDownB

All-American
Oct 12, 2015
I am probably going to regret not waiting to post this until the dust settles on the Harbaugh comments, but since it is top of mind and it seems like a decent topic for a bye week.. Does anyone know (or have an educated guess) of an approximate time line of the stadium renovations?

The website is vague on timing, probably because funding is such a big variable. Hopefully a quicker than expected W/L turnaround will result in a schedule shift to the left.

Based on the video, after the lights one might expect next would come some sort of club level on the east side, a new jumbotron in the north end zone, ribbon boards. The south end zone appears to be the final piece of the project. Somewhere in there would be the new sound system. I wonder how negotiable the order of operations is. Would we proceed with the SEZ complex prior to having a video board in the north end zone? How do you expect these changes to be grouped and what is your guess on timing? Seems like we might be moving the SEZ complex to the top of the list if it is not already there.

http://www.purduefootballmasterplan.com/ross-ade-renovation/index.html

I am probably going to regret not waiting to post this until the dust settles on the Harbaugh comments, but since it is top of mind and it seems like a decent topic for a bye week.. Does anyone know (or have an educated guess) of an approximate time line of the stadium renovations?

The website is vague on timing, probably because funding is such a big variable. Hopefully a quicker than expected W/L turnaround will result in a schedule shift to the left.

Based on the video, after the lights one might expect next would come some sort of club level on the east side, a new jumbotron in the north end zone, ribbon boards. The south end zone appears to be the final piece of the project. Somewhere in there would be the new sound system. I wonder how negotiable the order of operations is. Would we proceed with the SEZ complex prior to having a video board in the north end zone? How do you expect these changes to be grouped and what is your guess on timing? Seems like we might be moving the SEZ complex to the top of the list if it is not already there.

http://www.purduefootballmasterplan.com/ross-ade-renovation/index.html
My guess is that the board would probably try to be held off until a decision of plan is fully accepted for the SEZ project and might be easier and more cost effective to do both at the same time. I believe the SEZ project is probably the first to get done because of that fact. The addition of club level seats would probably not occur until demand calls for it. The seats in the press box and just in front of it are frequently empty and I can't imagine adding more seats of similarity to the stadium.

My true first guess would possible be coming to a final decision about the SEZ project and then going with the ribbon boards, NEZ board, SEZ board, and stadium sound system. A SEZ board would be in the neighborhood of roughly $5.0 million for build and install. A high school installed a 26x44 foot jumbotron at $750k so being the SEZ board would be roughly 4x that size (as it appears in the drawings), the initial cost would be $3.0 million for the board and another $2.0 million for materials and build. My guess is that another smaller and updated board would also be roughly half that cost for the NEZ, bringing the cost to roughly $7.5 million. Add in the ribbon board and sound systems, you are probably looking at an initial cost between $15-$20 million to do it properly and ensure it won't be irrelevant in 5 years.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT