ADVERTISEMENT

RIP Dave Williams, a Great American and Boilermaker.

Tommaker

Senior
Dec 11, 2002
David Williams, ME 85 , retired from HillRom, bartender at Tuby's and the Eagles in Batesville. Originally from Evansville, June 2023 inductee into the Indiana High School Sports Hall of Fame as a record holder for the two mile run, scholarship and letter winner for Purdue University in Cross Country. JPC member since graduation, Die hard Purdue Engineer overall-wearing fan that had season tickets for football (through dark years 1, AKA Colleto, and Dark Years 2, He Who Must Not Be named) and basketball. Driving he and his family north from Batesvile through the fall and winter, rain, ice, snow or shine. Attended almost every football and basketball post season bowl, tourney and event (including spring games).

Driver of Jeeps, drinker of beer(s), A great Engineer, wonderful Father and Husband that raised an outstanding family, and a good friend to anyone he met.

Hail Purdue, Boiler up and Hammer Down!

David Williams, ME 85 , retired from HillRom, bartender at Tuby's and the Eagles in Batesville. Originally from Evansville, June 2023 inductee into the Indiana High School Sports Hall of Fame as a record holder for the two mile run, scholarship and letter winner for Purdue University in Cross Country. JPC member since graduation, Die hard Purdue Engineer overall-wearing fan that had season tickets for football (through dark years 1, AKA Colleto, and Dark Years 2, He Who Must Not Be named) and basketball. Driving he and his family north from Batesvile through the fall and winter, rain, ice, snow or shine. Attended almost every football and basketball post season bowl, tourney and event (including spring games).

Driver of Jeeps, drinker of beer(s), A great Engineer, wonderful Father and Husband that raised an outstanding family, and a good friend to anyone he met.

Hail Purdue, Boiler up and Hammer Down!
Thanks for the great info Tommaker. I work in the Batesville area, and my MIL knows him and his wife well. Not sure if you also live in the surrounding area but it's nice to see other southeastern Indiana Boilers on here.

Reactions: Tommaker
Whose voice said 'shut up' to the announcer at the end of that movie. I've heard it before. A great voice it is.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT