ADVERTISEMENT

Review/Non Review

The review/non review was what pissed me off. They called it Purdue ball on the court. They should have went with that call. Not used the possession arrow and cost Purdue the arrow if needed it later.
I was thinking the same thing.
With less than 30 seconds on the clock and no time outs, if you get in trouble just hold the ball and let the other team create a jump ball.
You retain possession.
As it stands it wasn't an issue.

If that determination can’t be made in less than a minute the original call should stand. It completely destroyed the rhythm of the game.

Face it, everything was tried to give MSU the victory. It is a miracle Walker air balled the shot. All the bitching and moaning about lack of fouls by Eddy today is sickening. All the after game interviews by Painter, Eddy, Loyer vrs Izzo. Class vrs pissed off coach. So sad the Big Ten officials let Izzo get away with the whining and bitching and stepping out of the coaches box.

The review/non review was what pissed me off. They called it Purdue ball on the court. They should have went with that call. Not used the possession arrow and cost Purdue the arrow if needed it later.

I didn't think the review rules allowed that Solomon-like decision, and in no way am I giving that kind of high praise to the Big Ten or its officials. However, in looking through rules guidance - on out-of-bounds plays -

"Officials may determine if the ball went out of bounds and who caused the ball to be out of bounds."

In this case, our fine officiating crew determined the answer to be BOTH (or simultaneously).

as an aside, I still go with my original rant during the Game Thread - if it takes you that long and using several monitors, stick with the original call.......

MV5BNDE2ZjM2MzgtZjdlNy00NmIzLTg1MDktZWY1YjlhMGM5MTE0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTY1NzI4MTc@._V1_.jpg

Reactions: TX4GB
Face it, everything was tried to give MSU the victory. It is a miracle Walker air balled the shot. All the bitching and moaning about lack of fouls by Eddy today is sickening. All the after game interviews by Painter, Eddy, Loyer vrs Izzo. Class vrs pissed off coach. So sad the Big Ten officials let Izzo get away with the whining and bitching and stepping out of the coaches box.
He is the biggest baby Coach I have ever seen. How tall is he?

• Haha
Reactions: SKYDOG
I didn't think the review rules allowed that Solomon-like decision, and in no way am I giving that kind of high praise to the Big Ten or its officials. However, in looking through rules guidance - on out-of-bounds plays -

"Officials may determine if the ball went out of bounds and who caused the ball to be out of bounds."

In this case, our fine officiating crew determined the answer to be BOTH (or simultaneously).

as an aside, I still go with my original rant during the Game Thread - if it takes you that long and using several monitors, stick with the original call.......

MV5BNDE2ZjM2MzgtZjdlNy00NmIzLTg1MDktZWY1YjlhMGM5MTE0XkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTY1NzI4MTc@._V1_.jpg
Agreed. Go with the original call. Don't screw someone out of the possession arrow. Especially that late in the game.

I thought it was quite obviously off Sissoku. His finger tips pushed it forward out of bounds
I resisted furthering a twitter argument with a Sparty who said it was "no doubt" it was off Edey because his finger bent.

It was not obvious in either direction that's why the call on the floor should have stood. I don't even know if using the possession arrow is an allowable thing.

Reactions: DrEss
I resisted furthering a twitter argument with a Sparty who said it was "no doubt" it was off Edey because his finger bent.

It was not obvious in either direction that's why the call on the floor should have stood. I don't even know if using the possession arrow is an allowable thing.
Yeah I'm not sure it's allowed either. Does anyone here know the rules on that? It looked like it came off of MSU last but it was hard to tell.

Yeah I'm not sure it's allowed either. Does anyone here know the rules on that? It looked like it came off of MSU last but it was hard to tell.

Calling it "possession arrow" I think is technically like an overrule because they're allowed to determine which player it went off of......guess that would allow them to say both/multiple players simultaneous possession.

Instant Replay/Out of Bounds - (Rule 11-2.1.e.1) Permits use of replay to determine which team caused the ball to be out of bounds, but only after a call has been made.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT