ADVERTISEMENT

Regarding Brohm

Feb 13, 2014
I've heard from people I trust that Brad Stephens, while at Butler, made a promise to his players he recruited that he'd never leave BU for another school. His name frequently came up in rumors for higher profile jobs. I'm sure this is a topic every young coach must address to potential recruits and their families.

I wonder if JB did something similar. When his name was thrown around last year, did he tell Rondale it's Purdue or the NFL? We can only hope.

Reactions: delarno
I've heard from people I trust that Brad Stephens, while at Butler, made a promise to his players he recruited that he'd never leave BU for another school. His name frequently came up in rumors for higher profile jobs. I'm sure this is a topic every young coach must address to potential recruits and their families.

I wonder if JB did something similar. When his name was thrown around last year, did he tell Rondale it's Purdue or the NFL? We can only hope.
He honored that promise too.

Reactions: Roeder and delarno
Saturday he said Purdue is where he wants to be, two days later he was meeting with Louisville.

I don't suppose you ever considered that he met with VT simply out of respect for his alma mater, and has no intention of leaving. And how would you know if he had or had not met simply to provide his input into who else UL should consider hiring?

You insinuate that because he met with UL, that he somehow changed his mind about where he wants to be. I don't see any sort of correlation.

Sorry.

Is leaving everyone hanging like this out of respect to?
Yeah, because this decision isn't a big deal or anything. Nobody is being left hanging. You should appreciate the idea of a coach being torn between going home or staying here. Ever thought about that???

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
Is leaving everyone hanging like this out of respect to?

You obviously did not read his comments following the Tennessee situation last year. He clearly stated that all of the media attention during the constant speculation caused his recruiting efforts to shoot through the roof as it provided him with instant media attention and credibility. He said that the more media attention he could generate for himself and the program, the better his recruiting would be.

It is quite possible he is playing all of you simply for the media attention this is all bringing to Purdue. And if and when he turns you all down, the boost in credibility for the Purdue program will be invaluable.

This is a man who knows EXACTLY what he is doing.

Sorry if that does not fit your narrative! lol

Yeah, because this decision isn't a big deal or anything. Nobody is being left hanging. You should appreciate the idea of a coach being torn between going home or staying here. Ever thought about that???

In the post above you said he only met with them out of respect. Now your saying he's torn between going and staying???

I think when they dropped the clock it open some space time vortex where Deuce starts making the most sense on this board and I agree with him.

Reactions: boiler-deuce
In the post above you said he only met with them out of respect. Now your saying he's torn between going and staying???
Did I say he met "only" out of respect? Or did I say he had to? The quotes are not mutually exclusive. Either way, I think, he was going to listen. Try to stay up.

Dude, chill out. He's either leaving or he's not. Arguing over it doesn't change his decision either or make you look any smarter...

Since we're analazing every word coming out, Stevens didn't leave Butler for another school... he left for the NBA.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT