ADVERTISEMENT

Recruiting pressure

Summy1

Junior
Jun 17, 2015
How much pressure and stress is involved with recruiting? Both recruit and schools

If its known that a school is most likely going to take one qb and two wrs, does a recruit try to hurry and commit before spots are gone? On the flip side how long does a school leave a spot open for player to make decision before they go with option #2.

I've been wondering about this. I think the pat answer is if the top choice takes their time and choices 2 & 3 say yes for a two slot open position, the team will "make room". I think the biggest knock on Hazell's recruiting (as I understand it) was he went after top guys but had no backup plan. So when the coaches whiffed, it was a scramble to fill positions with bodies. Sounds like Brohm's team is selective with definite 1,2,3 targets and is selling the spots like they should; highly desirable and limited.

Reactions: Zaphod_B
We have no idea how many conditional offers we, or all teams, have out there. You simply can't just have offers out to 20 WRs, and eliminate yourselves from getting the ones you have rated 1-5 if 16, 18 and 20 all verbal. It's just not logical otherwise we wouldn't see such huge numbers of offers being out there.

With the smaller class we have and the caliber of athletes we're in on, some of the process is going to be slower. Plenty of highly recruited guys take their time and want to commit on their own time frame. There will be guys that Brohm will wait on, and guys that Brohm would put some pressure on guarantee their spot. We could very easily get a bunch of commits from scrubs like IU or Louisville and get a class filled out quickly, but we're recruiting at a different level under Brohm.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT