ADVERTISEMENT

Really cool story on PJ and the role of offensive coordinator

Cool story and awesome to read - dude bleeds gold and black. He would be the ideal coach in waiting to take over for Painter when that day does come. Makes me wonder if/when he hops on a head coaching position.

One thing I think we probably take for granted is the loyalty we have had from Brantley. He has been with us for 11 years. Could have easily taken a shot at being a HC. Dude is in his comfort spot of developing big men in his lab.

One thing I think we probably take for granted is the loyalty we have had from Brantley. He has been with us for 11 years. Could have easily taken a shot at being a HC. Dude is in his comfort spot of developing big men in his lab.
Yep. Not sure what his current salary is but in 2022, it was $400K (I'd be shocked if it's not pushing $500K now). Making that level of money living in West LaLa and having ultimate job security in a profession that struggles with that is big. Plus he is doing what he loves.

Some people aspire to keep moving up and some find their niche and excel at it. It appears Brantley is the latter and Purdue is blessed for that to be the case.

Yep. Not sure what his current salary is but in 2022, it was $400K (I'd be shocked if it's not pushing $500K now). Making that level of money living in West LaLa and having ultimate job security in a profession that struggles with that is big. Plus he is doing what he loves.

Some people aspire to keep moving up and some find their niche and excel at it. It appears Brantley is the latter and Purdue is blessed for that to be the case.
400k plus incentives in that area is living great. Totally agree that he looks like he loves what he does and developing big men into stars is his jam.

I am curious if PJ stays another year or two before he takes a shot as an assistant elsewhere or a HC option.

I've written this before, but I thought his high school coach was pretty good with bigs 40 years ago. ;)

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
Cool story and awesome to read - dude bleeds gold and black. He would be the ideal coach in waiting to take over for Painter when that day does come. Makes me wonder if/when he hops on a head coaching position.

I do sometimes worry that he will want a team to call his own. But he may not be wired that way and seems to be completely happy where he is at this stage in life.

I do sometimes worry that he will want a team to call his own. But he may not be wired that way and seems to be completely happy where he is at this stage in life.
I feel if Brantley was to leave he would have left by now. Sometimes you don’t want to be the CEO and just enjoy your job.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Terry Johnson leaves for a HC job after this season or the next one. He is an up and comer and looking for his shot.

I feel if Brantley was to leave he would have left by now. Sometimes you don’t want to be the CEO and just enjoy your job.

I wouldn’t be surprised if Terry Johnson leaves for a HC job after this season or the next one. He is an up and comer and looking for his shot.
and why he came to Purdue to get a taste of offense coaching

Reactions: ChoiceBeef

I'm glad people here are talking about Brantley, really liked his improvement as a player and has done a helluva job w/ our Bigs. He knows his niche and is loyal. Actually , I admire that about him because that's the way I am. Hey, you're at your alma mater and being well compensated, don't need to be the top dog.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT