ADVERTISEMENT

Reagan Bass & Sophie Swanson

Russ Ford

True Freshman
Mar 24, 2018
Great interviews with both on the main page. First interview I've seen with Reagan Bass. She comes across very confident and mature. I'm excited to see what she can do. Both ladies are going to have to put points on the board for the team to be successful. Reagan is going to have to be a big time rebounder too.

Mike Carmin's new article is a little worrisome. Jordyn Poole has some kind of foot injury and is wearing a boot. She is not expected to play on the Spain & Portugal trip. Both Reynolds sisters are also battling various nagging injuries. Hope they all get healed up quickly. Going to need everyone healthy.

Carmin's guess at a starting five for the trip is: Amiyah Reynolds, Sophie Swanson, Rashunda Jones, Reagan Bass and Alaina Harper.

Would be cool if the games are shown online somewhere but I'm guessing probably not.

Great interviews with both on the main page. First interview I've seen with Reagan Bass. She comes across very confident and mature. I'm excited to see what she can do. Both ladies are going to have to put points on the board for the team to be successful. Reagan is going to have to be a big time rebounder too.

Mike Carmin's new article is a little worrisome. Jordyn Poole has some kind of foot injury and is wearing a boot. She is not expected to play on the Spain & Portugal trip. Both Reynolds sisters are also battling various nagging injuries. Hope they all get healed up quickly. Going to need everyone healthy.

Carmin's guess at a starting five for the trip is: Amiyah Reynolds, Sophie Swanson, Rashunda Jones, Reagan Bass and Alaina Harper.

Would be cool if the games are shown online somewhere but I'm guessing probably not.
I was less impressed with Reagan Bass... her dissing the outgoing seniors the way she did without ever knowing them seemed pretty presumptive and insulting. I am however more impressed with Swanson and hoping for big things out of her this coming season. If we have to rely on Alaina Harper at center though, its going to be a real tough year IMO

I was less impressed with Reagan Bass... her dissing the outgoing seniors the way she did without ever knowing them seemed pretty presumptive and insulting. I am however more impressed with Swanson and hoping for big things out of her this coming season. If we have to rely on Alaina Harper at center though, its going to be a real tough year IMO
I think anyone who watched the team last year could see that it was lacking leadership. Nothing against any of last year's seniors. I liked all four. But I never saw any of them stand up and take charge when things got tough. Maybe Caitlyn a few times. But it just was not Abbey, Madison or Jeanae's personality to get in people's faces and take charge.

My guess is Reagan has heard about the lack of leadership on last year's team from the coaches more than once.

I think anyone who watched the team last year could see that it was lacking leadership. Nothing against any of last year's seniors. I liked all four. But I never saw any of them stand up and take charge when things got tough. Maybe Caitlyn a few times. But it just was not Abbey, Madison or Jeanae's personality to get in people's faces and take charge.

My guess is Reagan has heard about the lack of leadership on last year's team from the coaches more than once.
I really hope you are wrong because that reflects very poorly on our staff. You ever hear the phrase "listen very close to how your new date describes their exes, that is how they will talk about you when you are an ex..............." ???

And how do you think the two younger siblings from last years seniors are going to feel about the coaches talking shit behind the backs of their older sisters?

I really hope you are wrong because that reflects very poorly on our staff. You ever hear the phrase "listen very close to how your new date describes their exes, that is how they will talk about you when you are an ex..............." ???

And how do you think the two younger siblings from last years seniors are going to feel about the coaches talking shit behind the backs of their older sisters?
Do you really think these young ladies are so delicate they can't take a little criticism from their coach? Sometimes I think you are just looking for something to complain about with Coach Gearlds. I want a coach who is honest in her assessment of the team. Just like our men's coach. If you are worried about a mean Coach Gearlds running players off. I would counter with she bent over backwards for Mary Ashley Stevenson and she left anyway.

It is pretty clear last year's team didn't have the killer instinct. They were so close in quite a few games where if they had that leader maybe the outcomes of some of the games would have been different. I was expecting a much bigger season last year.

I never was a huge believer in Cass Hardin. But over time I've come to think that she and Lasha Petree must have been big time leaders in the locker room. They were really the only ones who were missing from the prior year when the team probably overachieved.

Reactions: Larry77
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT