ADVERTISEMENT

Random thoughts

bonefish1

All-American
Oct 4, 2004
Yes, I realize many of these are obvious:
Concerned about the lack of defensive adjustments from Cuse to Wis, especially knowing you have a scrambling QB again. Our DEs still crashing on the RB on the RPO and the QB walking into the end zone.
Very little pass rush from front 4.
Can’t get off the field on 3rd down/3rd and long.
OL struggling a lot more than I thought they would, especially in pass protection.
We had some really nice runs, but I feel like WIs was in control and were willing to give up some yards on the ground, just not big plays over the top. Never felt like we were going to threaten that lead.
Still really like Card. Good feet, pretty good arm, just getting too much pressure.
Why we don’t run more screens?

Reactions: gold67
Concerned about the lack of defensive adjustments from Cuse to Wis, especially knowing you have a scrambling QB again. Our DEs still crashing on the RB on the RPO and the QB walking into the end zone.
OL struggling a lot more than I thought they would, especially in pass protection.
We had some really nice runs, but I feel like WIs was in control and were willing to give up some yards on the ground, just not big plays over the top. Never felt like we were going to threaten that lead.
Still really like Card. Good feet, pretty good arm, just getting too much pressure.
good post

I dont think Harrell knows what screen is. Probably would have worked really well last night as Wisconsin was coming at Card all night.

Reactions: purduepat1969

I'm really tired of hearing about how Scourton would be a difference maker. Highly overrated at this point. He has zero clue how to contain the edge.

Reactions: NDINDY
I'm really tired of hearing about how Scourton would be a difference maker. Highly overrated at this point. He has zero clue how to contain the edge.
Jenkins doesn't contain the edge much neither, he goes for the back and the oppossing QB has an easy run, what about Yanni ? I was hoping to see something from Strickland this year too

Reactions: purduepat1969
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT