ADVERTISEMENT

Race

hunkgolden

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 1, 2004
Some race musings on this Wednesday afternoon:

So when I was a wee lad, the goal was to not see skin color; to see us all as one race - the human race. Now we are told to see a person's race in everything; except of course if the person in question has dark pigmentation and they are involved in a crime. If we recognize race in those situations we're racist. Every other situation we need to recognize race.

I see Mason Gillis was arrested for DUI over the weekend and the police arrest record lists his race as black. He has a white mother. Why is he considered black? If Mason has a child with a white woman, their child would be 75% white; would that child be considered white or black? And who exactly makes this determination?

One of my long-time friends is a sales rep for a large pharma company. Both her immediate manager and her manager's boss are black. They have a team meeting next month where the managers are requiring all of the reps to talk about a black person who has had a positive influence on their life. What does a person's skin color have to do with their ability to be a mentor? How does this grow sales? Other than fostering resentment amongst non black team members (apparently several are going to HR and/or thinking of quitting - including one Hispanic), what is the goal?

So when I was a wee lad, the goal was to not see skin color; to see us all as one race - the human race. Now we are told to see a person's race in everything; except of course if the person in question has dark pigmentation and they are involved in a crime. If we recognize race in those situations we're racist. Every other situation we need to recognize race.

I see Mason Gillis was arrested for DUI over the weekend and the police arrest record lists his race as black. He has a white mother. Why is he considered black? If Mason has a child with a white woman, their child would be 75% white; would that child be considered white or black? And who exactly makes this determination?

One of my long-time friends is a sales rep for a large pharma company. Both her immediate manager and her manager's boss are black. They have a team meeting next month where the managers are requiring all of the reps to talk about a black person who has had a positive influence on their life. What does a person's skin color have to do with their ability to be a mentor? How does this grow sales? Other than fostering resentment amongst non black team members (apparently several are going to HR and/or thinking of quitting - including one Hispanic), what is the goal?

If I were that rep, I'd report that activity to HR and claim they are creating a hostile work environment.
Wokeness is so stupid.

Your question is a very good one. I know y'all don't want to hear it but it is purely a fact, Mason Gillis and bi-racial people like him are considered black because of one thing, RACISM. Critical race theory deniers don't want to hear it but it began in the late 1800's/early 1900's under the so-called "one drop rule". Where a person who had one drop of African blood, they were considered black. Obviously, bi-racial people particularly if the one parent was white and the other is black fall under this. It was one way white people tried to maintain white supremacy. Because of the their skin color, these people were and are discriminated like black people. Some were able to "pass" as white like singer/actress Carol Channing whose father or grandfather was black. Jim Crow laws in several states prevented white and black people to marry. Believe it or not, a lot of African immigrants to the US throughout the years don't realized that they are black until they come to this country.

Your question is a very good one. I know y'all don't want to hear it but it is purely a fact, Mason Gillis and bi-racial people like him are considered black because of one thing, RACISM. Critical race theory deniers don't want to hear it but it began in the late 1800's/early 1900's under the so-called "one drop rule". Where a person who had one drop of African blood, they were considered black. Obviously, bi-racial people particularly if the one parent was white and the other is black fall under this. It was one way white people tried to maintain white supremacy. Because of the their skin color, these people were and are discriminated like black people. Some were able to "pass" as white like singer/actress Carol Channing whose father or grandfather was black. Jim Crow laws in several states prevented white and black people to marry. Believe it or not, a lot of African immigrants to the US throughout the years don't realized that they are black until they come to this country.
Critical race theory is hot garbage and anyone with a shred of objectivity and common sense understands that.

At my next meeting, I'm going to ask the reps to all provide an example of a positive interaction they've had with a Mexican.

So can we agree that we need to get rid of categorizing people by the color of their skin? No more checking that box on the census, job applications, college applications, etc.

Reactions: BoilerMadness
Critical race theory is hot garbage and anyone with a shred of objectivity and common sense understands that.
I highly doubt that you even know the concept of critical race theory. You are going with what Faux News told you about. Name one thing about critical race theory that you don’t like.

I highly doubt that you even know the concept of critical race theory. You are going with what Faux News told you about. Name one thing about critical race theory that you don’t like.
The theory says that racism is part of everyday life, so people—white or nonwhite—who don’t intend to be racist can nevertheless make choices that fuel racism.

This type of gobblygook. Racism, like art, is in the eye of the beholder. People who are actively looking for 'racist' behavior or racism can find it if they're creative enough and have a good imagination.

I, on the other hand (despite how I decide to identify today; black or white ), don't care about your race, not even a little bit.

That it theorizes that all aspects of American society is based on racism and white supremacy. Or the idea of fiscal equity, which is ridiculous.
CRT doesn’t say all aspects but it says that white supremacy exists and maintains power through law, basically systemic racism that we talk about all the time. Also there are 2 justice systems one for white people and one for blacks and other minorities. Both are obvious to me.

The theory says that racism is part of everyday life, so people—white or nonwhite—who don’t intend to be racist can nevertheless make choices that fuel racism.

This type of gobblygook. Racism, like art, is in the eye of the beholder. People who are actively looking for 'racist' behavior or racism can find it if they're creative enough and have a good imagination.

I, on the other hand (despite how I decide to identify today; black or white ), don't care about your race, not even a little bit.
Racism in the US is part of everyday life. And to get back to the topic at hand about my man Mason Gillis that he is why he is listed as black according to the arrest record even though one parent is black and one is white.

Thanks for the history lesson. This rule was deemed unconstitutional in 1967

CRT doesn’t say all aspects but it says that white supremacy exists and maintains power through law, basically systemic racism that we talk about all the time. Also there are 2 justice systems one for white people and one for blacks and other minorities. Both are obvious to me.
So much of today’s society disproves that theory. And not to mention how historically inaccurate it is.

Racism in the US is part of everyday life. And to get back to the topic at hand about my man Mason Gillis that he is why he is listed as black according to the arrest record even though one parent is black and one is white.

Do you know for a fact that Mason claims to be black? Wonder if he claims to be white instead since he's 50% white?

juicy smollett and oj simpson would disagree on the two justice systems

its who has money and who doesnt

Do you know for a fact that Mason claims to be black? Wonder if he claims to be white instead since he's 50% white?
I don’t know Mason personally but most bi-racial people identify with the black culture because that’s who they look more alike. It’s the black culture that accepts them readily. In some incidences bi-racial kids sometimes have identity problems in school. The white kids won’t accept them and some of the black kids won’t accept them.

I don’t know Mason personally but most bi-racial people identify with the black culture because that’s who they look more alike. It’s the black culture that accepts them readily. In some incidences bi-racial kids sometimes have identity problems in school. The white kids won’t accept them and some of the black kids won’t accept them.

So, maybe without knowing, you shouldn't speak for Mason of terms of how he identifies racially.

What happens when that biracial kid is a right leaning conservative? What then? Can a biracial person be a gumbo/sambo?

The stated goal is "Racial Awareness", but the Left's objective is "Racial Discord".

The Dems are used to getting 90% of the Black vote in every election. The Dems keep trying to position themselves as protecting Blacks from White oppressors (allegedly Reps). They have to keep stoking the racial fires to keep Blacks on the Dem plantation. If they're not reminded daily that white Reps are oppressing them, they may have time to reflect on who is actually oppressing/using them.

Republican Abraham Lincoln signed the Emancipation Proclamation to free the slaves. What's ironic is that the Dems were the Party of slavery. The Dems were the Party of Secession. The Dems were the Party of Jim Crow. The Dems were the Party of the KKK. The Dems were the Party of Segregation. With that background, one would think that the Dems would be in danger of being affected by Cancel Culture, since there seems to be no expiration date on anything remotely perceived to be racist. BUT, when it's the Dems (Left) who control Cancel Culture, they absolve themselves of all their Major Sins, while they attack Reps for inconsequential occurrences and the MSM supports them completely.

Martin Luther King must be rolling over in his grave, when he sees how the Left has completely destroyed everything he stood for. He wanted people to be judged by the content of their character and not by the color of their skin. Identity Politics has completely reversed that to the benefit of NO ONE, but the Dem politicians. Yet the sheep are asleep.

If you look for examples to support your OPINIONS hard enough, you'll find enough of them, so you can feel smug about being right. There is a whole lot less racism out there, than the Race Hustlers would have you believe.

I agree that there are two justice systems in this country, but we disagree on what they are. I maintain that there is one justice system for the wealthy and another for the poor. Wealthy people can afford legal counsel that can get almost anything dismissed, whereas poor people are much more vulnerable. A lot of Black athletes have done things that should have put them in Orange jumpsuits, but they get a slap on the wrist and go about their business. Did they stop being Black or was it the Green?

If there is so much institutional racism in this country, how did we get a two term Black President? How did we get a Black VP now? You're being manipulated.

How is that racist? Perhaps, if we didn't have to check those boxes, which are government mandated, it wouldn't be such a big issue.

Racism may be a part of your everyday life, but I don't really think of it much at all. I like to deal with people as individuals and I really don't give a damn about race, creed, etc. That seems to be the province of the people that wallow in identity politics. Why do you put so much focus on race?

How is that racist? Perhaps, if we didn't have to check those boxes, which are government mandated, it wouldn't be such a big issue.

Racism may be a part of your everyday life, but I don't really think of it much at all. I like to deal with people as individuals and I really don't give a damn about race, creed, etc. That seems to be the province of the people that wallow in identity politics. Why do you put so much focus on race?
BNI blames racism for everything negative that's ever happened to him in life. He's dug so far down the victimhood hole, he'll never get out. It's part of his identity now.

BNI blames racism for everything negative that's ever happened to him in life. He's dug so far down the victimhood hole, he'll never get out. It's part of his identity now.
There you go putting words in my mouth again. I never said anything about blaming racism anything negative in my life. I have been blessed all my life. I still live a good life. I went to school. I’ve had good jobs etc. Just because I’ve done well, doesn’t mean I’m blind to other blacks and minorities that haven’t been so fortunate. I’ve been black all my life so I’ve seen, read and heard it all. There are all types of people here in NW Indiana that I see on a daily basis. In one day I can see the very rich and the very poor. You guys act like if certain things doesn’t happen to someone daily, that it doesn’t exist.

If you are a white person, of course you think about race much. That is the whole point of white privilege.

There you go putting words in my mouth again. I never said anything about blaming racism anything negative in my life. I have been blessed all my life. I still live a good life. I went to school. I’ve had good jobs etc. Just because I’ve done well, doesn’t mean I’m blind to other blacks and minorities that haven’t been so fortunate. I’ve been black all my life so I’ve seen, read and heard it all. There are all types of people here in NW Indiana that I see on a daily basis. In one day I can see the very rich and the very poor. You guys act like if certain things doesn’t happen to someone daily, that it doesn’t exist.
Do you think the very poor are poor because of racism?

If you are a white person, of course you think about race much. That is the whole point of white privilege.
what are white people supposed to do about being white

can any white people help that there are more white people in this country than any other race

always the victim you are

sounds like you werent oppressed at all so why do you let yourself be a victim every day of your life

juicy smollett and oj simpson would disagree on the two justice systems

its who has money and who doesnt
You can also ask the thousands of blacks in prison who were wrongly convicted. If it wasn’t for various organization’s re-opening their cases along with DNA they would not have chance of getting out. Some of these people are released from prison after serving 30, 40 years for crimes they did not commit.

You can also ask the thousands of blacks in prison who were wrongly convicted. If it wasn’t for various organization’s re-opening their cases along with DNA they would not have chance of getting out. Some of these people are released from prison after serving 30, 40 years for crimes they did not commit.
and there arent thousands of whites who were wrongly convicted for crimes they didnt commit

where is the data on these generalities you speak of

GTFO with that white privilege crap. I was a German immigrant living in a small town in 1951, when being German was as popular as being Japanese. I grew up being called Hitler & Nazi, so I have an appreciation for discrimination. We were dirt poor and I mowed lawns, shoveled snow or did any odd jobs I could to help out. I made more money my first year working on a section gang for the Illinois Central Railroad, than my dad did in any year, while in the states. My dad died, before my Senior year in HS and my mother cleaned house for people well into her 60's.

Yeah, I strutted down the streets just feeling full of privilege.

So you're saying ONLY Black people were wrongly convicted and put in prison? Perhaps that could be said for poor people across racial lines?

GTFO with that white privilege crap. I was a German immigrant living in a small town in 1951, when being German was as popular as being Japanese. I grew up being called Hitler & Nazi, so I have an appreciation for discrimination. We were dirt poor and I mowed lawns, shoveled snow or did any odd jobs I could to help out. I made more money my first year working on a section gang for the Illinois Central Railroad, than my dad did in any year, while in the states. My dad died, before my Senior year in HS and my mother cleaned house for people well into her 60's.

cnn has convinced him white privilege is a thing

so what are you doing to help this problem you see

anything

During WWII German POW’s that were here in the US were treated like royalty compared to the Black US military officers. These folks ate drank with white officers in the Officer’s Club. Black officers could not go inside.

So you're saying ONLY Black people were wrongly convicted and put in prison? Perhaps that could be said for poor people across racial lines?
I don’t see any white prisoners being released. Never heard of any white suspects confessions being beat out of them.

During WWII German POW’s that were here in the US were treated like royalty compared to the Black US military officers. These folks ate drank with white officers in the Officer’s Club. Black officers could not go inside.
You lost me at POWs being treated like royalty. It appears you have a racial chip on your shoulder and it's affecting your perceptions.

Nobody is saying that Black people in the military, during WWII weren't treated properly, but we've come a long way since then, despite what some of the Race Hustlers would have you believe. There are still some racists on both sides and, unfortunately, the emphasis on identity politics and institutional racism is just moving things in the wrong direction. It's dividing us, rather than bringing us together.

I hate seeing MLK's message being subverted by people for political advantage. We're all people and we should be able to treat each other as people.

I don’t see any white prisoners being released. Never heard of any white suspects confessions being beat out of them.
I suspect that you're totally focused on what's happening with the black prisoners and aren't really paying attention to the white prisoners.

You said that you didn't see any white prisoners being released. Hey, where's that white privilege you were talking about? ;)

I suspect that there have been more than a few white prisoners that have had confessions beaten out of them, too. Usually, the cops that would do that are just bullies and skin color doesn't matter as much as the feeling of power they get from beating on someone.

Reactions: Sophie1970
The stated goal is "Racial Awareness", but the Left's objective is "Racial Discord".

The Dems are used to getting 90% of the Black vote in every election. The Dems keep trying to position themselves as protecting Blacks from White oppressors (allegedly Reps). They have to keep stoking the racial fires to keep Blacks on the Dem plantation. If they're not reminded daily that white Reps are oppressing them, they may have time to reflect on who is actually oppressing/using them.

Republican Abraham Lincoln signed the Emancipation Proclamation to free the slaves. What's ironic is that the Dems were the Party of slavery. The Dems were the Party of Secession. The Dems were the Party of Jim Crow. The Dems were the Party of the KKK. The Dems were the Party of Segregation. With that background, one would think that the Dems would be in danger of being affected by Cancel Culture, since there seems to be no expiration date on anything remotely perceived to be racist. BUT, when it's the Dems (Left) who control Cancel Culture, they absolve themselves of all their Major Sins, while they attack Reps for inconsequential occurrences and the MSM supports them completely.

Martin Luther King must be rolling over in his grave, when he sees how the Left has completely destroyed everything he stood for. He wanted people to be judged by the content of their character and not by the color of their skin. Identity Politics has completely reversed that to the benefit of NO ONE, but the Dem politicians. Yet the sheep are asleep.
What King wanted and what was reality were two VERY different things. Don't tell half the story. He was fighting for the rights of his people because they WERE being judged by the color of their skin.

Reactions: BNIBoiler

White privilege doesn’t mean that white people don’t have struggles, but your struggles at least weren’t because of the color of your skin.

Reactions: BNIBoiler
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT