ADVERTISEMENT

Question for the Board Regarding What Position Yanni K will play and LSU Coaching Cast-offs.

Feb 7, 2007
OK, to begin with, I live in Florida so me getting to watch Yanni or even Purdue play is not very likely. Based on that, I'm not familiar with Yanni's strongest position. I assume Purdue will move back to the base 4/3 defense. Do you see Yanni starting out at strong safety and moving LB (I assume outside linebacker) after he puts on some lbs, starting and staying at strong safety, or starting and staying at LB? Maybe we can put some weights in his pockets and start him at defensive tackle.

I see where Bo Pelini got canned from LSU. He wouldn't be in my top 5 but what are your thoughts on Pelini as DC or a position coach? Orgeron is cleaning hours on the offensive side also. Considering how many great players they lost to graduation last year and how many opted out this year, their setback this year should not have been a surprise. Orgeron is just looking for scapegoats and trying to save his job. If I remember correctly, Orgeron did the same at Ole Miss. Started out strong and then quickly petered out. Would not be surprised to see him gone after next year.

As always, thanks for the input.

OK, to begin with, I live in Florida so me getting to watch Yanni or even Purdue play is not very likely. Based on that, I'm not familiar with Yanni's strongest position. I assume Purdue will move back to the base 4/3 defense. Do you see Yanni starting out at strong safety and moving LB (I assume outside linebacker) after he puts on some lbs, starting and staying at strong safety, or starting and staying at LB? Maybe we can put some weights in his pockets and start him at defensive tackle.

I see where Bo Pelini got canned from LSU. He wouldn't be in my top 5 but what are your thoughts on Pelini as DC or a position coach? Orgeron is cleaning hours on the offensive side also. Considering how many great players they lost to graduation last year and how many opted out this year, their setback this year should not have been a surprise. Orgeron is just looking for scapegoats and trying to save his job. If I remember correctly, Orgeron did the same at Ole Miss. Started out strong and then quickly petered out. Would not be surprised to see him gone after next year.

Is this real?

I think Yanni is pretty much locked in for OLB, he's natural fit for OLB.

Bo Pelini would interesting. I'm sure he could to learn the ropes from Brohm. With Brohm's guidance he could put together a decent defense.

RE Yanni - LB. Unless they play him as a large Nickel in a 4-2-5

Bo and Brohm would mix like gasoline and a match.
There were times this year where I thought we could have used gasoline and a match... but Bo is certifiably insane.

Reactions: DAG10

Coach O trying to save his job? Uhhh he won the national title last year with a QB who had one of the best college seasons of all time. He’s a Louisiana native and is loved down there. Also has top 5 recruiting classes for 2019 and 2020. LSU will be just fine.

I’d bear crawl over broken glass to have him at Purdue.

Yanni will definitely be at LB, and probably OLB. However, the exact LB position will probably depend on who we hire as DC.

I will also be excited to see us use George back exclusively at end, instead of the Diaco hybrid of sometimes end/sometime middle of the line.

Coach O trying to save his job? Uhhh he won the national title last year with a QB who had one of the best college seasons of all time. He’s a Louisiana native and is loved down there. Also has top 5 recruiting classes for 2019 and 2020. LSU will be just fine.

I’d bear crawl over broken glass to have him at Purdue.
He's being investigated for cheating. You can have him.

I think Yanni is pretty much locked in for OLB, he's natural fit for OLB.

Bo Pelini would interesting. I'm sure he could to learn the ropes from Brohm. With Brohm's guidance he could put together a decent defense.
LOL.
What?
Pelini has pooped out more football knowledge each morning than Brohm will ever have.
He was a successful HC when Brohm was a kid.

Yanni plays no where but lb at Purdue and i bet its inside (see HS coaches comments regarding lack of top end speed at this time) As you know quite difficult to add the speed it takes to turn into a safety at best or covering a slot receiver (see Rondale Moore) kind of player.... IMPOSSIBLE for him. If he is a tough kid he has done it at a hs level. Big difference playing inside lb in college. He needs to be at 245 to be a thumper in college to hold up against 300 plus lineman. Best of luck to him. I'm glad we have him now we just have to find a great spot to play him.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT