ADVERTISEMENT

QB Play in the B1G is Down

ghostoffatjack

Sophomore
Jun 15, 2013
OSU - Below their normal, talent all over the place but not at QB
Mich - Way below their normal and the team looked out of shape. Reminded me of a Georgia v Alabama game a few years ago before the Bulldogs went on a mission to get in shape, faster and then beat Bama in the rematch later in the same year
Iowa - same old, same old
Indiana - could be better but it is hard to say since the first two games were cupcakes
PSU - about normal but not at the top to beat the bigs
NW - lower and the whole team looks like a complete opposite of last year
Ill - a definite uptick from last year
NU - a little better than last year and has a very good D
USC - next up in their line of QB's, it's Miller time now
Oregon - down a little and could be alot
Minny - have not seen them play
Purdue - could be a step up only time will tell this week as the Irish will come in angry and nasty after losing to Northern ILL
UCLA - watched only a half and it was not good
Wash - a little down from Pennix
Org State - have not watched them yet
Rutgers a little up tick
Maryland and MSU - potential to be better

Purdue - could be a step up only time will tell this week as the Irish will come in angry and nasty after losing to Northern ILL
I thought our offense played like a well-oiled machine against ISU. I know the caliber of competition will go way up this week - we are 12.5 points dogs - but our OL, receivers and QB looked better than last year. And I think we have a better QB than ND does. Leonard Riley lost hat game yesterday with a horrible 4th qtr interception. Ten yards underthrown and two NIU defenders closer than the ND receiver.

Reactions: POTFHBTFU
I thought our offense played like a well-oiled machine against ISU. I know the caliber of competition will go way up this week - we are 12.5 points dogs - but our OL, receivers and QB looked better than last year. And I think we have a better QB than ND does. Leonard Riley lost hat game yesterday with a horrible 4th qtr interception. Ten yards underthrown and two NIU defenders closer than the ND receiver.
ISU a slight step up from air.

Agree that ND’s QB isn’t great but he’s good enough to hurt us with the run and if we leave WRs wide open. All things we did consistently last year.

I thought the skill position players were good save one TE. I think the oline didn't move ISU as much as they should have.

Reactions: pboiler18
Lots of teams starting new QBs in the B1G this year, 4 of them replacing top 12 NFL draft picks. It was bound to be a little bit of a downgrade.

Dylan Raiola looks the part so far. Although Colorado sucks. Besides him and the new USC hero, hard to say any of the new QBs look good.

ISU a slight step up from air.

Agree that ND’s QB isn’t great but he’s good enough to hurt us with the run and if we leave WRs wide open. All things we did consistently last year.
Keeping in mind that they beat Western ILL last year by 28points.....

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT