ADVERTISEMENT

Purue.

Who missed layups? I remember dude from Creighton missed a wide open fast break layup. But I don’t remember Purdue missing “easy ones”. We did have some good looks that didn’t go down, that I think will this year.

TK = looked really good offensively—he can score on anyone in the country and grabbed boards (8). He needs to grab even more tbh.

Loyer = automatic from 3 if left open and played good defense.

Braden = hunted his shot and was super aggressive on offense—looked like his highlights from HS. His shot looked even better than last year and his defense was much improved too.

Furst = disappointing.

DJ = Frosh who played the best big in the country. Realized he can’t just use his height to save himself on defense. Will need to use his bass/weight to defend, as well as moving his feet. He will adjust to the speed, but may take until conference . Very encouraged by him not hesitating and knocking down the 3 for his first shot as a boiler and then hitting some big free throws at the end of the game.

Harris = got a bad whistle last night imo, but looked super comfortable out there already. He’s going to be good on both sides of the ball but his role this year will be guarding the best guard/wing.

Cox = a freakin defensive menace and offensive bucket (won’t be his role this year). He gave the 26 year old Pg for Creighton fits and stole it from him that made Ashworth intentionally foul him/they gave a flagrant 1. He will also guard the best wing/guard when needed. He looked super confident stepping into his mid range and knocking it down.

Heide = hopefully he didn’t play much due to painter wanting to see the Frosh but a bit concerning. Didn’t show much

Colvin = also concerning he didn’t see much time, but his shot looked smooth and his defense looked very much improved where he’s not going to be a liability. His athleticism is off the charts still and he showed that with the chase down block.

Burgess = man I wish we could get him more mins. Hope he plays over furst to get developed and get used to the speed of the game.
Regarding Harris, I'm guessing his focus is defense and rebounding. He did a great job.

Well if you wanted to watch less scoring, you could have watched the Indiana-Tennessee game. Lots of uncalled fouls on Tennessee(as usual for them) and A LOT of the bricks from both teams. Don't think I've ever heard worse rims on TV in my life.
Man such a rough watch. UT doesn’t have a Knecht type of scorer and (probably an overreaction) I don’t think they should be ranked at 12.

Barnes continues to use that type of defense to just foul as much as possible to see if the refs will actually call it.

Rice looks to be a top contender for best PG in the conference with Braden. He can take IU to the next level. But…

IU still can’t shoot the 3, nor defend it. Got lucky UT went 8-35 today. They had open looks left and right.

Was unimpressed with Ballo and Mgbako. Ballo was slow and low motor. Mgbako still slow and no explosiveness, but good shot when he’s open.

Carlyle looks like he needs to work on quite a few things still.

Reneau was decent, looked a bit improved. Needs to stop dribbling so far from the basket or it will cause a lot of issues for the team.

Goode looked the same. He whelmed.

Leal and Cupps looked way overmatched by the pressure. Cupps had to work very hard to get to the basket.

I know Galloway and Tucker were out, though. Not sure if they would have improved the 3pt shooting tho.

But yeah, it was a very rough watch haha

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT