ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue vs UConn Game Thread

They got bailed out by some bad officiating. I mean like 3 calls in a row... But that's what you have to play against there.

We will have the same problem next week.
Yeah, I was listening to their unbelievably goofy commentators and heard the same. The color guy might be the goofiest bastard I've heard on a broadcast...

Reactions: BBG
They got bailed out by some bad officiating. I mean like 3 calls in a row... But that's what you have to play against there.

We will have the same problem next week.
Glad it's happening against Toledo and not us, didn't we get a game stolen last season by a bunch of personal fouls in the second half of a close game. Can't remember which one that was?

Reactions: purduepat1969
Just watched the last drive, everyone of the PI calls the Toledo players tackled the ND receivers……looked pretty legit to me…..seem like Toledo freaked out a little bit on that last drive, like they knew they scored too quickly

Line was +11.5 preseason. Guessing it comes down a bit, maybe as low as +7.5. I'll see mine tomorrow evening.

Just watched the last drive, everyone of the PI calls the Toledo players tackled the ND receivers……looked pretty legit to me…..seem like Toledo freaked out a little bit on that last drive, like they knew they scored too quickly
Had the Toledo guy that scored their last touchdown fallen down at the 1 yard line, they'd have been 1st-and-goal from the 1 yard line with 1:35 left and ND only having one timeout. Essentially setting up the equivalent of an XP they could've kicked for the win with almost no time left on the clock and ND having no timeouts.

Reactions: U2fan
Had the Toledo guy that scored their last touchdown fallen down at the 1 yard line, they'd have been 1st-and-goal from the 1 yard line with 1:35 left and ND only having one timeout. Essentially setting up the equivalent of an XP they could've kicked for the win with almost no time left on the clock and ND having no timeouts.
Thought the exact same thing. They really just needed to pick up the first down on that play they scored on.

Agree totaly….that game should have been over

Thought the exact same thing. They really just needed to pick up the first down on that play they scored on.
couple yrs ago App St did the same vs psu, the guy ran it in w/ like a min and a half left and McSorry did a 80 yd 5 play drive for a W.

The famous one where the player actually fell down on the 1 was a long time ago with Brian Westbrook from the Eagles. The fantasy football world went ballistic.

Was out of town, just got home. Listened to the radio feed online, sounded like we absolutely dominated. A lot of really positives from this game, and, as to be expected, some areas in which we need to continue to work.

Thought I'd check on some of the thoughts on the forum, and ... Holy Cow, folks...!

🤣

I read the first page of this thread, with the gnashing of teeth, the expected b*tching about Brohm, taking shots at other posters...

....then skip to the last page of the thread.

Either the meds kicked in, or we have some fans who have ZERO ability to deal with any adversity (i.e., the first series). :cool: (Probably both!)

Was out of town, just got home. Listened to the radio feed online, sounded like we absolutely dominated. A lot of really positives from this game, and, as to be expected, some areas in which we need to continue to work.

Thought I'd check on some of the thoughts on the forum, and ... Holy Cow, folks...!

🤣

I read the first page of this thread, with the gnashing of teeth, the expected b*tching about Brohm, taking shots at other posters...

Either the meds kicked in, or we have some fans who have ZERO ability to deal with any adversity (i.e., the first series). :cool: (Probably both!)
Speaking of meds, you missed some Big Hurt commercials for Nugenix Thermo during the game.

Has anyone on the forum tried that product?

Reactions: Purdue85

🤣

Yeah. Brohm is the target of the Ainters since they can't find anything to rag on the basketball team about.

Last edited:
We had one guy all set to rail on the fact we don't have a Heisman trophy candidate at backup RB when Horvath got hurt early.

Wow.. hats off to these coaches and players.. I don’t care what happens from here on out I feel like a doubting Thomas.. @SDBoiler1 you were right and I was wrong .. the team hasn’t looked this good in a while
Brad Lambert is the real deal. Mark Hagen, Ron English, James Adams. They are all doing a great job. It’s palpable even in Brohm’s press conferences. The whole mindset of the team is much better. The athletes on this team are now allowed to use their God-given talents to make plays. As George said in a video “We’re free”. That’s what he means. Instead of playing a gap technique and playing passively, they continually attack. Even the back-ups did today. It was really good to see so many youngsters out there getting PT. I was happy to see (in person) some of the guys who will be starters in seasons to come.

Brohm has recruited some talent…….

Call me crazy, but Purdue can beat ND. Two weeks in-a-row, they’ve just hung on to win. They are good, but so is Purdue.

Brad Lambert is the real deal. Mark Hagen, Ron English, James Adams. They are all doing a great job. It’s palpable even in Brohm’s press conferences. The whole mindset of the team is much better. The athletes on this team are now allowed to use their God-given talents to make plays. As George said in a video “We’re free”. That’s what he means. Instead of playing a gap technique and playing passively, they continually attack. Even the back-ups did today. It was really good to see so many youngsters out there getting PT. I was happy to see (in person) some of the guys who will be starters in seasons to come.

Brohm has recruited some talent…….
Hopefully you reward yourself for being more correct than me with a new haven pizza .. good calls all off-season long.

Nice game by Plummer. Didn't see the game. It seemed like the offensive line gave him time to throw today. the defense was awesome all game. bell will be a marked man and double covered all year, but he still produced. nice start to the season.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT