ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue vs. That School Down South 2: Predictions & Game Thread

I know PU is the better team, but you know how that goes sometimes. It will be close, at least for a while...…….and I will remind everyone about the "Big Ten officiating" thread! BTFU...…..and HTFD!!!!!

Reactions: Schnelk
If CE plays under control, we win by 15, if not, it's gonna be a dog fight until the end.
Lets hope he gets hot early and gets everyone else involved!!! He shoots in low 30% range again .............could be on losing side of this one...................we will get IU's best tonight......hopefully not the one that beat MSU 2 weeks ago. We have to jump on them early and take crowd out and crush their spirit!

I’ll be thrilled with any kind of win down there tonight, no matter how ugly or close. We’re going to get their best effort, at least at the onset. We just need to be able to weather that initial energy that they bring. IU hasn’t sustained anything since entering B10 play, even in the MSU game. MSU gave that game away at the free throw line. If we play smart, and stay composed during their runs, we win.

Well, I'm already drinking so I don't need to have what you are having, but I like it. I'm already getting a bit mean just thinking about the game

Of all things...My husband came home from town today with a huge bottle of tequila and a sack of limes. I haven’t done shots of tequila since I was still in the Navy(30 years ago ). If I live through the night I’m going to make him play nurse.

I know PU is the better team, but you know how that goes sometimes. It will be close, at least for a while...…….and I will remind everyone about the "Big Ten officiating" thread! BTFU...…..and HTFD!!!!!

Officiating is my only real concern. And we all know how that goes in the Hall of Calls...

Reactions: PU pit bull
Of all things...My husband came home from town today with a huge bottle of tequila and a sack of limes. I haven’t done shots of tequila since I was still in the Navy(30 years ago ). If I live through the night I’m going to make him play nurse.
Ha, I didn't see the word "nurse!!!!"

And if I don’t live through the night my will has instructions to bury me... well really cremate me... wearing an IU Sucks sweat shirt...

I am OFFICIALLY not responsible for any post past this one!!!
When the game is over...I'm usually fine. Prior to the game I get edgy. I keep it "usually" inside, but I'm tense, the heart goes up a bit, my hearing and peripheral vision diminish. This is not a social event! It is a war where one team competes with another physically and mentally...with no do over.

The social event can happen after the the clock expires. ;)

When the game is over...I'm usually fine. Prior to the game I get edgy. I keep it "usually" inside, but I'm tense, the heart goes up a bit, my hearing and peripheral vision diminish. This is not a social event! It is a war where one team competes with another physically and mentally...with no do over.

The social event can happen after the the clock expires. ;)

EXACTLY!!!! Someone who understands....Which is why I have to start drinking well BEFORE the Game. And that’s any game so one can imagine for the IU game. Gosh I hope the team is more under control than I am!

Last edited:
Reactions: tjreese
I wasn't going to buy beer for this one since I'm pretty sure we're going to pull it out but I stopped by the liquor store for a twelve pack earlier. Now I'm wondering if I have enough left to last through the end of the game.

Reactions: BoilerGal74
Purdue 72 IU 71

IU is playing so bad it's impossible to not pick Purdue, but I've watched too many games in Bloomington to think this will be easy.

I want Purdue to be up like 35 at the start of the 2nd half as Archie goes into a fit, falls on the court foaming and a miniture Clappy the Clown alien ruptures out of his chest. At the first timeout, alien crispy is clapping up the court with a baby Diet Coke in his hand as the faithful are having multiple seasures and heart attacks. Clappy-alien kisses Romeo full on the lips because, like Archie cannot adjust during the game and has nothing better to do. Just a dream for tonight.

Vegas odds are closing to -3.5 but after reading the IU Board today, that’s because so many IU fans are betting for Purdue to win big and beat the spread....They were definitely seeing $$$$$.

Listening to Coach’s interview right now is not soothing my furrowed brow.....sigh!

They've been making it that way south of the Ohio since the first artichoke showed up.

It might have choked Artie, but it aint gonna choke us.....

BnH6AUYCUAAgREB.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT