ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue vs. That School Down South 2: Predictions & Game Thread

It would be silly not to share and rewatch this 100 times today.

What I find interesting is the conversation between Seth and Rece talking about Painter changing the culture - addition by subtraction. This is interesting to think of the trajectory of the two programs since that day.

What I find interesting is the conversation between Seth and Rece talking about Painter changing the culture - addition by subtraction. This is interesting to think of the trajectory of the two programs since that day.

Mix in a Jim Ross' call for good measure, and you're good to go:

My favorite is still that meth head on the side line doing the charge call. He was inside the circle, dipshit. If anything it should have been an and 1.

Reactions: Professor Emeritus
Lil' Achie brings a step ladder so his players can see and hear him. He then gets two techs ten minutes into the game, goes home to find his wife in bed with one of the "injured" players and leaves IU to never coach again. PU by two.

Now that's a win-win. PU wins and the IU fans get rid of the midget. No offense meant to little people.

Lil' Achie brings a step ladder so his players can see and hear him. He then gets two techs ten minutes into the game, goes home to find his wife in bed with one of the "injured" players and leaves IU to never coach again. PU by two.

Now that's a win-win. PU wins and the IU fans get rid of the midget. No offense meant to little people.
If IU continues to play like they are playing right now, I want him to continue coaching there for quite a while.

How's that a win-win? As of right now, I want them to extend Archie.

Purdue 72 IU 71

IU is playing so bad it's impossible to not pick Purdue, but I've watched too many games in Bloomington to think this will be easy.
last game was closer than the score indicated, they left alot of points on the free throw line

Reactions: Fansince72
last game was closer than the score indicated, they left alot of points on the free throw line
Plus the last two games have not exactly been our best basketball either. This is iu's national title game as it were so we are going to get their best shot.

Plus we're down 12 already thanks to the hall of calls. I think we pull it out, but it will be closer than most of us will like.

Reactions: PU pit bull
Purdue 72 IU 71

IU is playing so bad it's impossible to not pick Purdue, but I've watched too many games in Bloomington to think this will be easy.
Touche............to that............IU was torn apart on DAK radio show today..............and Indy Star has been pretty brutal on top of that.............and rightfully so! This will be a tough game tonight....3 point victory either way!

Plus the last two games have not exactly been our best basketball either. This is iu's national title game as it were so we are going to get their best shot.

Plus we're down 12 already thanks to the hall of calls. I think we pull it out, but it will be closer than most of us will like.
Iggy, the ref's have seen IU play this year and they aren't going to prolong the game with a bunch of IU calls. They just want to get out of there in one piece.

Purdue 85 IU 76...…

Close first half, something like Purdue 37 IU 33.

Second half we blow it open up to 15 points but then only win by 9.

Rebounding, Hitting Free Throws and hard defense making them turn it over and foul us is what wins this.....

IU will try to play hard defense but we use that against them and turn that aggression into fouls and free throws.

Touche............to that............IU was torn apart on DAK radio show today..............and Indy Star has been pretty brutal on top of that.............and rightfully so! This will be a tough game tonight....3 point victory either way!
I look for more effort from IU than any previous game this year they played...at least early.

I look for more effort from IU than any previous game this year they played...at least early.
I would think their spirit could be broken early. As long as we are hitting our shots we should be able to offset any barrage they do and then a quick 10 point run would break their will. Especially if we do that to start the second half.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
I would think their spirit could be broken early. As long as we are hitting our shots we should be able to offset any barrage they do and then a quick 10 point run would break their will. Especially if we do that to start the second half.
I would love to see us get out to an early lead with stand a few charges by them. Those will be because our offense goes stagnant plus mystery whistles occurring in the hall.

Go into half with 8-12 pt lead and grow it after a 12-2 run to blow it wide open, when Nojel drives and kicks go Cline for a corner 3.

Luce gets loose and puts up 267 points. I can handle that, but the posterization of Romeo by Luce was just over the top nuts.

Yeah, I'm feeling it.

Speaking of nuts to the face, what Purdue player will deliver the face nuts dunk tonight? I’m going with Wheeler.

10 minutes to go in the game...we should have a feel for how it might end. I will be happy if Purdue escapes out of there with a W

10 minutes to go in the game...we should have a feel for how it might end. I will be happy if Purdue escapes out of there with a W
I would sure hope so!

I will feel super confident with 0.1 seconds left in the second half with Purdue up by +4 :D

Reactions: tjreese
If CE plays under control, we win by 15, if not, it's gonna be a dog fight until the end.

I say we lead a bit at half time, maybe 36-32. Then we go on a 18-2 run in the first 5 minutes of the second half. IU starts playing hero ball, and only scores 24 points in the second half. Boilers win going away 76-56.

Boiler up.
:cool:

I say we lead a bit at half time, maybe 36-32. Then we go on a 18-2 run in the first 5 minutes of the second half. IU starts playing hero ball, and only scores 24 points in the second half. Boilers win going away 76-56.

Boiler up.
:cool:
Well, I'm already drinking so I don't need to have what you are having, but I like it. I'm already getting a bit mean just thinking about the game

Reactions: Do Dah Day
This team knows they have the most favorable schedule to win the conference. IU gets the hammer and Purdue cruises the final 8 minutes.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT