ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue vs. Rutgers: Predictions & Game Thread

JohnnyDoeBoiler

All-American
Sep 23, 2013
West Lafayette
200.gif

Rutgers is without their best big man and really the only true compliment to Geo Baker, who gave Purdue fits last season at times. Eastern is a year older and Williams has played better and better against some of the best big man competition he can get in the B1G this year. Carsen will be able to get his shots when he wants, Cline stretches the defense with a true low post threat in Williams, and the bench is able to raise their level of play a little bit more being at home.

Purdue: 81
Rutgers: 68

With Rutgers' leading scorer out this should be a bigger blood bath than it was supposed to be.

Purdue: 85
Rutgers: 50

Because they're 14-3 and won 3 straight. We're 10-6. Not really a contest.

But polls are stupid anyway.

Purdue 79
Rutgers 61

I'd like to see the Boilers contain Baker (I'm guessing Nojel Eastern draws that assignment), who had a couple of really good games last year against Purdue, including 25 in the BTT.

Boilers have played relatively well in Mackey, but they can't afford to look past any opponent.......Indiana comes knocking this weekend. I'm interested to see what Big Tre can muster......while working his way into the regular rotation and perhaps giving the Boilers an extra/added dimension. Hope to see a focused solid effort on both ends of the floor.

I watched Rutgers beat OSU. They impressed me that game. Baker is damn good. Who is their leading scorer that's out? I expect a typical Big Ten battle. Btfu!

Reactions: PU pit bull
Just from looking at their last box score, a loss to Minnesota, Eugene Omoruyi did not play. It's the only game he has missed this season. Leads the team in both scoring and rebounding. I couldn't find anything about his availability for tonight.

Just from looking at their last box score, a loss to Minnesota, Eugene Omoruyi did not play. It's the only game he has missed this season. Leads the team in both scoring and rebounding. I couldn't find anything about his availability for tonight.
Dislocated knee - ouch - per Journal and Courier.

Believe it happened during the Ohio State game but I could be wrong

Also leads in 3pt FG%, IIRC. Likely still out.....suffered a dislocated left knee-cap in Rutgers' upset of Ohio State. It's a repeat injury from last year, which sidelined him for two weeks, so I think they may expect him back for the end of the month and the short trip to The Tomb.

It seems that most people on here have taken a win over Rutgers for granted in their predictions for making the NCAA tourney. I hope you are correct but I'm curious what the responses will be if we lose. I'm glad we're playing this one at home. And if we play poorly and it is close or we get beaten, I hope our fans won't boo their team as I saw last night in Bloomington. I wonder what is going on down there. I thought they might be very good this year. IU doesn't deserve Romeo, Great kid. I wish we had him. I don't think Carsen would be making so many poor decisions if Romeo was a teammate. What a dynamic pair that would be.

It seems that most people on here have taken a win over Rutgers for granted in their predictions for making the NCAA tourney. I hope you are correct but I'm curious what the responses will be if we lose. I'm glad we're playing this one at home. And if we play poorly and it is close or we get beaten, I hope our fans won't boo their team as I saw last night in Bloomington. I wonder what is going on down there. I thought they might be very good this year. IU doesn't deserve Romeo, Great kid. I wish we had him. I don't think Carsen would be making so many poor decisions if Romeo was a teammate. What a dynamic pair that would be.
Maybe we’ll get that final official visit from Brooks after all.

Also leads in 3pt FG%, IIRC. Likely still out.....suffered a dislocated left knee-cap in Rutgers' upset of Ohio State. It's a repeat injury from last year, which sidelined him for two weeks, so I think they may expect him back for the end of the month and the short trip to The Tomb.

I always thought Eugene was more of a baseball player anyway...….
barry-pearl-pie-in-the-face-grease.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT