ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue vs. Northwestern: Official Gamethread

So stupid... why even try that?

From an upperclassman, and a father who played 10+ yrs in the nfl, you gotta be more aware.

Decent game... I really liked how we fought.

It’s a shame that I’m gonna dwell on that play

If the refs at least review that call and it does get overturned then that play doesn't exist. 3 to's, TD created by offensive interference, possible fumble that never even gets a look at = a whole lot of points

Could easily be the difference between another bowl berth and a losing season. Thanks Neal

it's going to be a tough decision going forward . Do yo u go with Blough who doesn't make mistakes, but has almost zero vertical game and generates little offensively? or do you go with the gunslinger Sindelar who likes to go vertical , but is mistake prone. This game reminded me of Favre and the Packers. Sindelar has the talent, but also the heartbreaking mistakes.

Reactions: phila
it's going to be a tough decision going forward . Do yo u go with Blough who doesn't make mistakes, but has almost zero vertical game and generates little offensively? or do you go with the gunslinger Sindelar who likes to go vertical , but is mistake prone. This game reminded me of Favre and the Packers. Sindelar has the talent, but also the heartbreaking mistakes.
Gotta go Sindelar. We don't play a defense as good as NW for awhile.

Reactions: phila
IMO you have to go with Blough...mistakes destroy you in college football. Go with the game manager who gives you an added dimension on the ground.

No. I am sure you were perfectly ok when the defender was slamming Blough out of bounds. I actually agreed with the no call there. But it’s wasn’t any different than the one at the end.
Well, for one thing, Blough was very much in-bounds so it was the correct call. Much like the flag on Neal.

Some time in the second half back half of 3rd or 4th Quarter
c7JlLve.png

Apologies it's a bit dark...ESPN pause issue. You can see that Blough is in bounds.

Hunter Johnson should've come here. He would havr easily beat out Sindelar and Plummer.

Relax everyone! We had a ton of opportunities and it just didn't pan out but we are going to get better. I trust Brohm and Holt so much. We will better as the year goes on and have less mistakes.

He's not going to have a tough time over here, to be honest.
Well since you're here taking the refs side. Do you feel that catch was offensive interference? Do you feel that last catch/fumble should've at least been reviewed? Let me know what your ref complaints are? Those were potential impact/game changing plays. They went your way!

I disagree they should have held that flag.

I could see instances where they may not throw the flag, but it's hard to fault them on that one. And I'm not one to take the position that you don't call it near the end of the game. It's an unfortunate mental mistake for Lorenzo Neal....hopefully he learns from it and can turn it into a positive going forward.....but, definitely disappointing from an upperclassman, especially.

I think plenty of us had more issues with some of the other calls/non-calls during the game, but credit NW.....they made enough plays, and Purdue made too many mistakes. You can't expect to win many (if any) games with a 3-turnover deficit.

A tough loss for sure, but if you want to look on the bright side....the Boilers made a lot of mistakes.....could have folded up shop.....but hung in there with a good squad and nearly overcame a less-than-best game. Also, we saw the coming out of Rondale Moore. It's a long season; they have to put this one behind them. A lost opportunity, though.

TGIF!

I could see instances where they may not throw the flag, but it's hard to fault them on that one. And I'm not one to take the position that you don't call it near the end of the game. It's an unfortunate mental mistake for Lorenzo Neal....hopefully he learns from it and can turn it into a positive going forward.....but, definitely disappointing from an upperclassman, especially.

I think plenty of us had more issues with some of the other calls/non-calls during the game, but credit NW.....they made enough plays, and Purdue made too many mistakes. You can't expect to win many (if any) games with a 3-turnover deficit.

A tough loss for sure, but if you want to look on the bright side....the Boilers made a lot of mistakes.....could have folded up shop.....but hung in there with a good squad and nearly overcame a less-than-best game. Also, we saw the coming out of Rondale Moore. It's a long season; they have to put this one behind them. A lost opportunity, though.

TGIF!
What I saw was Neal trying to strip the ball and Larkin getting away with an academy award winning flop. An official decided to become part of the game.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT