ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue vs ND Game Thread

Ok everyone remember these 2 INT’s were thrown in an impossible situation when we are comparing stats later.

INT #2 for O'Connell today. No turnovers by Plummer. Still wanna keep whining about the QB?

You can't be serious? The first interception was on Durham not catching a great pass. The second one was where we need to make a big play running out of time. Dollars to donuts it is AOC from here on out.

Ok everyone remember these 2 INT’s were thrown in an impossible situation when we are comparing stats later.
I agree in one sense. But Plummer has been protecting the football. Its not an impossible situation when the play calling is nothing but pass plays. And they weren't anywhere close to that in the first half.

Why is this the 4th ****ing year in a row brohm selected the wrong qb.

**** his contract dudes a scam artist.

Even if he was wrong this year, O’Connell correctly started last year and Sindelar correctly started the year before. So yeah you wrong as a mofo.

Wow, luck of the Irish I guess. I’m actually pretty high on Purdue, despite the score our defense looks like a huge strength.

If the offense can fix a few things (Horvath out and Bell's status is huge too), and if the defense plays like this consistently.....there are several conference wins available. Iowa, Ohio State, and Wisconsin will be tough challenges.....Michigan State is looking improved....but we shall see.

I agree in one sense. But Plummer has been protecting the football. Its not an impossible situation when the play calling is nothing but pass plays. And they weren't anywhere close to that in the first half.
I’m not saying Aiden is the better option going forward, but Plummer had the luxury of playing safe with the football in this game that Aidan didn’t have. ND was pinning their ears back on those last two drives knowing Purdue had to pass and score quickly.

Throwing the ball away and punting to live another day was not an option. Plus, not having number three for his jump ball passes.

It is harder when the D knows everything is a pass. AOC already has the mental models of an NFL QB. So what if his time in the 40 is >6 seconds.

Kelly now tied for wins. Still leads in student deaths.
You should learn the facts.
Seriously.
It’s not funny to post about deaths.
Declan’s own family’s law firm cleared ND of everything.
ND won. Purdue lost. It’s football.

Seriously.
He put the guy up in the tower in high winds. It was his decision and his responsibility.

Few takeaways.

1. We all knew the Oline can’t stand up vs this D line through 4 quarters. Quit dogging on them. They tried. We tested their ability to adjust with the fast check downs in the first half - they responded as they should. Higher graded recruits should play better average football, after all. We should have taken more chances downfield in the first half to gain some separation with the score. We didn’t.

2. Bell got his head knocked earlier in the game, first half, when he asked to come off for a play. I hate to see him get legitimately knocked out of the game. He never really recovered from that first half knock. Anthrop stepped up and caught the balls that came his way. I’d argue that other receivers need to really understand the magnitude of this game and figure out their position out there. Winning teams have receivers who make difficult catches and RBs that run hard. .500 teams make mistakes and give the other team unwarranted advantages.

3. Game plan wise it seemed like we just wanted to keep it close this whole game. They are a ranked team, so I get it. Brohm knows his team better than we do as couch officials. The issue I see is that Brohm never really seemed to appreciate the elevated level our D had played this entire game. We are a solid defense but you can’t really sit back and rely on our defense to play up to this level against a ranked team. We might get there in the next few years, but geez, do realize that we aren’t there yet.

4. QB change late is really a moot point. Unless Plummer absolutely refused to take a shot downfield it likely didn’t make a difference. Surely there is always a “deep” option on all pass plays they run, but there were too many check downs that didn’t “chunk” yards that you would expect if that play pans out that way.

5. We’re still a good team but we know we aren’t a ranked team. The outcome was expected today but I feel we left some points out there (prefaced by some of the obvious coaching decisions and play calls) and we had chances to perform better. Purdue defense, thank you for the Herculean effort today. Bring it next week and let’s get back into the win column vs a very beatable team.

Reactions: FirstDownB
Seriously.
Look, Mrs. Kelly, your husband should have never allowed the kid to be up there. Not funny to post about deaths…but to joke about them in postgame interviews butchering a 40 year-old quote is? Got it.

Reactions: purduepat1969
He put the guy up in the tower in high winds. It was his decision and his responsibility.
Yeah… no he didn’t. Seriously, read the report.
The Feds, the State Police & Declan’s own family’s law firm all disagree with your statement.
Two people in authority told him not to go up. He went up on his own. Stupid.
There is a reason his family doesn’t blame ND…
You lost. Another fact. Deal with it and move one.

Seriously.
Shouldn't you be out trading handjobs with the leprechaun?

Look, Mrs. Kelly, your husband should have never allowed the kid to be up there. Not funny to post about deaths…but to joke about them in postgame interviews butchering a 40 year-old quote is? Got it.
Yeah, I’m Mrs. Kelly and I’m a millionaire housewife who pisses off 40 year old loser Purdue fans. Deal with it.
Sniffle, sniffle, little lady…

The Feds, the State Police & Declan’s own family’s law firm all disagree with your statement.
Yes, because no staff would ever try to cover up anything...

Yes, because no staff would ever try to cover up anything...
C’mon, move on. Our permanent guest has spoken.

e50ddf125fd9c43e8da1ba783c285bd0_original.jpg

You do realize when someone gets killed at a workplace, the workplace is responsible, regardless of fault, right?

If the offense can fix a few things (Horvath out and Bell's status is huge too), and if the defense plays like this consistently.....there are several conference wins available. Iowa, Ohio State, and Wisconsin will be tough challenges.....Michigan State is looking improved....but we shall see.
AOC is kind of like Drew Brees in this regard…it doesn’t seem to matter who the receivers are on the field, he understands where the ball needs to go. If the referees did their job correctly on the blatant missed pass interference call and then if that interception in the end zone would’ve been caught instead of slipped through his hands who knows. But not going down field with your passes really doesn’t move the ball

Then they should have told him to get down and expel him from school.

Reactions: purduepat1969
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT