ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue vs Lipscomb: predictions and game Thread

It is very useful. Sorry you don't understand it.

Understand it perfectly fine. It doesn’t have anything to do with what was being talked about.

The question was why RPI had Lipscomb #40. RPI is a major indicator in how they seed the tourney. In this instance Kenpom is akin to toilet paper. Only good for wiping your ass.

Nobody said it was. Do we need your permission to look at other rankings?

You completely jumped into an existing conversation with zero understanding of the topic. Enjoy your day.

Understand it perfectly fine. It doesn’t have anything to do with what was being talked about.

The question was why RPI had Lipscomb #40. RPI is a major indicator in how they seed the tourney. In this instance Kenpom is akin to toilet paper. Only good for wiping your ass.

You completely jumped into an existing conversation with zero understanding of the topic. Enjoy your day.

Here's the convo prior to me entering:
"How is Lipscomb RPI 40"
"Maybe we're just better than them"
"Right but I looked at their schedule and don't see any big wins"
(no mention of tournament)
ME: They are #117 in Kenpom
You: The tourney uses RPI not Kenpom

Everyone (else) knows the tournament uses RPI as one criterion among many in selecting the field. It is most certainly NOT a "major indicator in how they seed the tourney." You think Lipscomb is in line for an at large bid and a 10 seed? Lol. THe only relevance their RPI has to the tournament is helping to decide if they are a 12,13, or 14 seed should they win their conference auto bid.

Again you asked how their RPI is 40. The answer is that the RPI is a trash measurement that has little to do with how good a team actually is. A better reference is to look at Kenpom, where they are ranked 117.

"How is Lipscomb RPI 40"

Everyone (else) knows the tournament uses RPI as one criterion among many in selecting the field. It is most certainly NOT a "major indicator in how they seed the tourney." You think Lipscomb is in line for an at large bid and a 10 seed? Lol. THe only relevance their RPI has to the tournament is helping to decide if they are a 12,13, or 14 seed should they win their conference auto bid.

Again you asked how their RPI is 40. The answer is that the RPI is a trash measurement that has little to do with how good a team actually is. A better reference is to look at Kenpom, where they are ranked 117.
So you have no answer to the original question. Got it!

And yes history is clear. You will be within a few seeds in relation your RPI. I am in no way defending RPI.

Last edited:
"How is Lipscomb RPI 40"

The current RPI bracket has Lipscomb as a 14 ... PU as a 3 ... from the RPI website
So you have no answer to the original question. Got it!

And yes history is clear. You will be within a few seeds in relation your RPI. I am in no way defending RPI.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT