ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue vs. Auburn: Game Thread

Who's coaching this game? Painter?

That comment right there is baloney. I love how Purdue fans love Brohm but trash Painter. Brohm has done NOTHING at Purdue except take a terrible program and make it mediocre. Painter has won Big 10 titles and taken Purdue to sweet 16's and with a lil injury luck could have went further.

Reactions: mathboy
That comment right there is baloney. I love how Purdue fans love Brohm but trash Painter. Brohm has done NOTHING at Purdue except take a terrible program and make it mediocre. Painter has won Big 10 titles and taken Purdue to sweet 16's and with a lil injury luck could have went further.
It's a joke, stupid.

member: 40262"]Go F$CK yourself. Remember your 3 wins this year? Good luck...
I think we hit a nerve....bwawawah.[/QUOTE]
We thank you for not recruiting Moore. We also thank you for Milton Wright. Wonder which Louisville HS players we will take from Louisville in 2020?

member: 40262"]Go F$CK yourself. Remember your 3 wins this year? Good luck...
I think we hit a nerve....bwawawah.[/QUOTE]
"We"? You mean both L'ville football fans are here? I think as long as Brohm coaches at Purdue, the raw nerve will be yours. Which is why you are here in the first place. lol

Reactions: PU pit bull
Should be a really good game and competitive contest.....great stepping stone challenge for the Boilers......let's see what they can do against one of the better-known SEC teams of late.....

Boiler Up, my friends.

giphy.gif

ws8jfn.jpg

Lmao....competitive ....apparently Purdont decided watching and Auburn film wasn't necessary. A total ass rape....the entire team/staff should be beyond embarrassed

Feel bad for Boilers, especially the seniors, but I think, hope, that the program is going in the right direction. Just a shame is all. Gotta continue to BTFU!!!

Reactions: BoilerAndy
Feel bad for Boilers, especially the seniors, but I think, hope, that the program is going in the right direction. Just a shame is all. Gotta continue to BTFU!!!
They will get better and I'm still confident in that. Auburn has been recruiting in the top 10ish for a while now. Good team with a ton of talent but mediocre coach.

Nice to see a score.....at least keep playing.....last game for several players. I mistakenly thought this might be a good contest......c'est la vie.....better days ahead for the Boilers, hopefully.

Reactions: BoilerAndy
They will get better and I'm still confident in that. Auburn has been recruiting in the top 10ish for a while now. Good team with a ton of talent but mediocre coach.
How can you say a coach is mediocre when his team is beating you by 49 and has his 4th string running back in the game to start the 3rd quarter? Gus is not great but to call a coach with a National title under and who is taking you to the wood shed mediocre is crazy.

How can you say a coach is mediocre when his team is beating you by 49 and has his 4th string running back in the game to start the 3rd quarter? Gus is not great but to call a coach with a National title under and who is taking you to the wood shed mediocre is crazy.
How is a team full of 4 and 5 stars going 6-6 not mediocre?

How is a team full of 4 and 5 stars going 6-6 not mediocre?
Well first off they are 7-5 about to be 8-5 and they do play in the SEC which is brutal. I'm not saying Gus is great but he definitely is not mediocre. Purdue just gave a contract to Brohm for 6 million a year and his record there after today is 13-13, I would say that is a hefty pay check for a guy who wins 50% of the time.

Reactions: AuSkip07
Nope, he won that title with top 5 recruiting classes. Sometimes talent out playes coaching abilities. He has been recruiting top 5-10 recruiting classes. Once again, why would an IU fan comment on a game that doesn't reflect IU? You're home with another loss to us and zero bowl....once again!

Well first off they are 7-5 about to be 8-5 and they do play in the SEC which is brutal. I'm not saying Gus is great but he definitely is not mediocre. Purdue just gave a contract to Brohm for 6 million a year and his record there after today is 13-13, I would say that is a hefty pay check for a guy who wins 50% of the time.
It's kind of like when Duke took you guys to the wood shed and made you look silly.

Beat IU two years in a row. Got the most out of the talent he has and is bringing in more. He earns his pay. Enjoy your bowl game.

Nope, he won that title with top 5 recruiting classes. Sometimes talent out playes coaching abilities. He has been recruiting top 5-10 recruiting classes. Once again, why would an IU fan comment on a game that doesn't reflect IU? You're home with another loss to us and zero bowl....once again!
Amusing myself on a slow work day, several of my co-workers went to the game so I thought I would come over to see the implosion. I give you guys credit most of you realize you were way out of your league today and I respect that (hard not to when they were on pace to score 112).

I find it funny you have to bring up basketball on a football forum but I guess if that makes you feel like your proving a point then so be it. I'm pretty happy with an 11-2 start, I though it might be worse.

Malzahn is a really good coach, IMO. I thought Auburn (with Cam Newton) won under Gene Chizek, but I could be mistaken. R-OH has taken over for a few hours now.

Beat IU two years in a row. Got the most out of the talent he has and is bringing in more. He earns his pay. Enjoy your bowl game.
I'm enjoying your bowl game right now. I give you guys credit you beat IU two or the past six years, big standing ovation. I find it funny on the IU board when we hang our hats on beating a mediocre Purdue team in football why wouldn't it be the same over here?

you guys are laying a rotten egg. Auburn probably would beat every top 10 team combined the way they are playing

Amusing myself on a slow work day, several of my co-workers went to the game so I thought I would come over to see the implosion. I give you guys credit most of you realize you were way out of your league today and I respect that (hard not to when they were on pace to score 112).

I find it funny you have to bring up basketball on a football forum but I guess if that makes you feel like your proving a point then so be it. I'm pretty happy with an 11-2 start, I though it might be worse.
Once again, IU fan on a Purdue. You must not like the comparison I shared. It works both ways. Now, back to the IU board little kid.

I said it was classless. I have no doubt you know the meaning of that word.
You are from Kentucky so there is that. So they are classless because they let the players preparing for this game play which Purdue can't stop. What did you think when Purdue was knocking OSU around?

Go F$CK yourself. Remember your 3 wins this year? Good luck...
Those skunks didn't even win three this year. They won two, one of which was against a FCS team and the other was a one point home win against arguably the worst G5 team in the nation, with a back-up quarterback and were 0-9 against Power 5 teams. They lost 10 games (I like to add an 11th loss to Purdue on November 28) and gave up 50+ in SEVEN games. They had six losses by 30+ points, and nine by 18+ points. They were arguably the worst team in P5 conference football history.

Reactions: purduepat1969
agree now we have 2 mediocre programs to lead the not even mediocre athletic department.

Once again, IU fan on a Purdue. You must not like the comparison I shared. It works both ways. Now, back to the IU board little kid.
Post from guys like yourself are the amusing part of watching threads like this as stupidity can be a funny thing.

I like the comparison as it was somewhat accurate as we lost by 21 to the number 1 team in the land on their home court you guys just got whacked by a 7-5 team on a neutral field (jeez didn't want to point that out to you but you somewhat insisted), but remember one wood shed beating doesn't eliminate another so welcome to the wood shed. :)

Last edited:
Malzahn is a really good coach, IMO. I thought Auburn (with Cam Newton) won under Gene Chizek, but I could be mistaken. R-OH has taken over for a few hours now.
Correct, he lost to FSU. Auburn fans aren't happy as to why he was on the hot seat. He continues to recruit really well but he constantly loses 4-5 games a year and signed a 7 yr $49million contract. if you recruit top 10 and get paid top 5 money in the nation. People expect Georgia type teams to compete every year for an SEC or NC. IMO

Correct, he lost to FSU. Auburn fans aren't happy as to why he was on the hot seat. He continues to recruit really well but he constantly loses 4-5 games a year and signed a 7 yr $49million contract. if you recruit top 10 and get paid top 5 money in the nation. People expect Georgia type teams to compete every year for an SEC or NC. IMO

I could understand some of the frustration. He's 53-27 (28-20 conference games) @ Auburn. Perhaps underachieving and certainly below many expectations....not much margin for error I guess in this day and age. Alabama, Georgia, Florida, and LSU.....disappointing end to last season for sure.

I could understand some of the frustration. He's 53-27 (28-20 conference games) @ Auburn. Perhaps underachieving and certainly below many expectations....not much margin for error I guess in this day and age. Alabama, Georgia, Florida, and LSU.....disappointing end to last season for sure.
He'll he's lucky. At least he doesn't have to play in that Murderer's Row known as the B1G East.

1 team was a year removed from almost playing for the national title and the other is still digging out from 10 years of bad football.

This was obvious when the bowl was announced. Good for the Boilers on getting a bowl bid but Auburn had way too much talent. Brohm turning in top 25 classes year over year will get Purdue up to speed with the big boys of college football.

It was another fun year. The Big Ten West race will be wide open next year

1 team was a year removed from almost playing for the national title and the other is still digging out from 10 years of bad football.

This was obvious when the bowl was announced. Good for the Boilers on getting a bowl bid but Auburn had way too much talent. Brohm turning in top 25 classes year over year will get Purdue up to speed with the big boys of college football.

It was another fun year. The Big Ten West race will be wide open next year
Well said and I totally agree.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT