ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue vs Arizona Gameday Thread 12/27/17

so if your streaking down the sidelines in bounds but stick the ball out over the line it out of bounds? I think not. So why is it on this type play.

Reactions: phila
So for example could you be standing inbounds and reach out and catch a pass that was over the OB line and pull it back in

because you're not out until you land out. It's not a plain to cross. I think they f'd that up in the booth.
It's correct call, just like a punt or kickoff, when it cross out of bounds line that's where it is marked. It is an invisible wall of sorts to infinity.

Also if we don't win I'm banning Foster Farms products with my Home Owner's Association for the neighborhood.

Reactions: Boilerup1994
so if your streaking down the sidelines in bounds but stick the ball out over the line it out of bounds? I think not. So why is it on this type play.

This is exactly what I was thinking. He wasn't out of bounds until he landed. That was a terrible review call.

So you are telling me that a runner or receiver running down the sideline and stays totally inbounds but his arm carrying the ball goes over the line that play is halted?

I have never seen that call made and I do not believe it.

You mean if I am running down the sideline with the ball in my arm over the out of bounds and my feet in the ball goes there?
For example, think a diving tip toe sideline catch at the goal line. If I catch it inbounds and the ball doesn't go inside of the pylon ever it is marked where the ball left the field if I never brought it back in. Even though my body may have fallen across the goaline if the ball was outside the pylon (sideline side) it is not a TD.

So you are telling me that a runner or receiver running down the sideline and stays totally inbounds but his arm carrying the ball goes over the line that play is halted?

don't we have any screen plays?

It's correct call, just like a punt or kickoff, when it cross out of bounds line that's where it is marked. It is an invisible wall of sorts to infinity.

Also if we don't win I'm banning Foster Farms products with my Home Owner's Association for the neighborhood.
show me the rule.

The play would never be stopped as you were not down or touched out of bounds. This only comes into play if the runner is down, wherever the ball broke the out of bounds line is it marked, if it was not brought back into the field of play before the runner down.

Also I've only reffed at the YMCA hahaha, but I've played and watched alot of football growing up. #CouldBeWrong #BarSForTheWin #HoosiersSuck

Reactions: Boilerup1994
For example, think a diving tip toe sideline catch at the goal line. If I catch it inbounds and the ball doesn't go inside of the pylon ever it is marked where the ball left the field if I never brought it back in. Even though my body may have fallen across the goaline if the ball was outside the pylon (sideline side) it is not a TD.
not if you had a foot down lol...good try. he was established in bounds and fell out of bounds. Your comparison is terrible.

What happens if a receiver catches the ball ove r the sidline but his feet are inbounds? It is no catch? Really? That is bs.

Nope, that is a TD. I have seen that happen many, many times.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT