ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue v. Rutgers Game Thread

IT is a spot up 3 pt shooter. Yeh, I’m excited he’s hitting shots and I hope he scores 20 and we win, but if he’s not hitting 3s, he really struggles to handle the ball or guard the bigger players.

Reactions: purduepat1969
got give IT some credit now fellas!!!!!!!!!!!
I haven't been able to hop on the forums but for all the grief I glanced over on IT, he is the sole reason we are back in it.

And for those asking why people are getting minutes, Painter said last game (or it was reported) that he plans to run as deep as he can because of COVID. So we'll see a lot of bodies out there and for good reason as last thing we need is to rely on someone with little or no game experience.

Plus deep teams win titles.........anyway, just a brief bounce in and out.

Why does Painter not call a TO on that last possession, get your best lineup in and run a set play for a bucket?
I don’t mind a 27 ft heat check from IT, but that’s not a final possession high percentage play.

IT is a spot up 3 pt shooter. Yeh, I’m excited he’s hitting shots and I hope he scores 20 and we win, but if he’s not hitting 3s, he really struggles to handle the ball or guard the bigger players.
This is exactly correct. I love that he's kept us in the game. He deserves a lot of credit for hitting the open shots. But shooting spot up 3s is his ceiling.

Reactions: bonefish1
I recall PJ dragging us back into the game with his 3s a couple years ago.
PJ was very similar: undersized spot up 3 pt shooter. Other than that, he wasn’t having an impact.
(I know he had a lot of assists and hit ATO ratio, but it helps when you have great low post scorers and you don’t try to create on offense).

Ummmm.....Boilers....you want to guard out there?
Purdue devoting a lot of sag into the lane. One time just before half Mason let's man go through the lane to the baseline corner and ge stays in the lane farthest from his player but closer to the ball. Aaron was mid post in lane closest to masons player. Seems to be a lot of focus to keep Rutgers out of the lane?

Wishing Rutgers gets the Purdue treatment when the three ball goes in early only to struggle later. Off topic, but expect a baby girl tonight or early in the morning. 😊

Purdue devoting a lot of sag into the lane. One time just before half Mason let's man go through the lane to the baseline corner and ge stays in the lane farthest from his player but closer to the ball. Aaron was mid post in lane closest to masons player. Seems to be a lot of focus to keep Rutgers out of the lane?

Wishing Rutgers gets the Purdue treatment when the three ball goes in early only to struggle later. Off topic, but expect a baby girl tonight or early in the morning. 😊
We sag like this every game. It just came back to haunt us tonight. And best wishes on your new family addition!

We are playing ok. Rutgers very hot from 3 early on. Perimeter defense a bit weak but overall we are very much in a road game against a ranked team.

PJ was very similar: undersized spot up 3 pt shooter. Other than that, he wasn’t having an impact.
(I know he had a lot of assists and hit ATO ratio, but it helps when you have great low post scorers and you don’t try to create on offense).

He fits the system that Matt wants to implement.

I hear you, TJ....still getting in the lane somewhat IMO, but Rutgers has some tough match-ups, even with Harper out.

Best wishes for a healthy delivery for your new granddaughter.....Congratulations!

26240b3395c74388a17693aaf99632fc.jpg

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT