ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue v. Michigan State (Game Thread)

Lose to middle of the road teams like IU, Michigan, M$U on the road is a killer.

Yes. These Boilers sometimes cannot stand prosperity I guess.

Lose any margin for error then when you lose at home like Purdue, Wisconsin, and Illinois have done......still, two wins, and Purdue is no worse than co-champ. It makes the Wisconsin game a conference championship play-off game, however, for Purdue at least, depending upon what happens @ Rutgers later today.

The four-way tie possibility is also still alive.

I will say it again. You all can jump on me if you want. I have a feeling we are going to crap the bed in the tournament. And if it's because of our defense our coaches chair needs to start warming up. Should not have been man to man on their last shot. Always happens.
Man to man defense is the best way to stop outside shooting. You don’t know what you are talking about. That kid just made a great shot.

No argument here, TJ.
With the 50 50 balls lost or steals by Purdue to immediately give it back for 3s, the horrible call on Zach on the missed Ft by Jaden put marble at the line to go up 2. Jaden hits the second Purdue is up and maybe no score by MSU. Like the other losses other than Michigan, Purdue lost the game it could have easily won

With the 50 50 balls lost or steals by Purdue to immediately give it back for 3s, the horrible call on Zach on the missed Ft by Jaden put marble at the line to go up 2. Jaden hits the second Purdue is up and maybe no score by MSU. Like the other losses other than Michigan, Purdue lost the game it could have easily won

That was definitely a huge play with JI's FT miss.....maybe makes a difference....maybe not.....it would have probably at least given Purdue one last possession to win/lose it. In a game like this - that is sometimes the difference, as it could be in a NCAA tourney game.

I will say it again. You all can jump on me if you want. I have a feeling we are going to crap the bed in the tournament. And if it's because of our defense our coaches chair needs to start warming up. Should not have been man to man on their last shot. Always happens.
I will say it, dude u only show up when we lose and they you show how dense you are.

no, not hitting open 3 threes and getting no production from alot of players. refs this refs that , tired legs come on sometimes have to play thru some bad calls we had 6 team fouls at the end.
Ok ok

lost again because our 3 point defense sucks. and it sure didnt help that we only hit one. you would think after a week off we would be fresh and ready to win the big ten but instead we layed another egg on the road. not much confidence we will fair better at whisky

Izzo stated pregame, the big factor would be to shut down Purdue from the 3 point line. Sahsa was covered like glue, so don't blame the entire loss on him. Mason and EH missed the only open 3s we had all day. If they would have gone, different story.
Painter's pregame key was low turnovers for Purdue. We failed there.
Izzo accomplished his mission, Matt didn't. Everyone had a part in this loss.
We can turn things around quick with a win at Wisconsin. We need a lot of help for a #1 seed.

That was a really ****ing stupid play call. That never would have counted anyway because Sasha would have had to gather himself since he was going away from the basket. You had to be going towards the basket.
You know everybody under the sun expected Sasha to come to the ball even the MSU defenders for all the right reasons. Still had the pass been more to the right Sasha could be seeing the ball and the rim quickly and it probably wasn't as bad just due to every MSU player defending going to the ball. Games are not won or loss in one possession as you know. Purdue had lots of ways to win this game

Why is no one talking about Ivey and Williams 9 combined TOs? THAT should be the main gripe out of today's game. Crappy selfish play by our supposed "leaders". But no, go blame the refs for all our problems. Ya'll sound EXACTLY like Illinois fans who many of have been ripping all week for "whining".

Hypocrites.

Why is no one talking about Ivey and Williams 9 combined TOs? THAT should be the main gripe out of today's game. Crappy selfish play by our supposed "leaders". But no, go blame the refs for all our problems. Ya'll sound EXACTLY like Illinois fans who many of have been ripping all week for "whining".

Hypocrites.
100%.

Izzo stated pregame, the big factor would be to shut down Purdue from the 3 point line. Sahsa was covered like glue, so don't blame the entire loss on him. Mason and EH missed the only open 3s we had all day. If they would have gone, different story.
Painter's pregame key was low turnovers for Purdue. We failed there.
Izzo accomplished his mission, Matt didn't. Everyone had a part in this loss.
We can turn things around quick with a win at Wisconsin. We need a lot of help for a #1 seed.
MSU accomplished their mission, Purdue did not.

Reactions: Bethboilerfan
If the pass was good, the defender you notice was not looking and Sasha would have had a look at basket, would it have went in, ????
Just wrote that before your post. Probably came down to something not practiced to get the timing down

Hypocrites.
Illinois DID get some bad calls at the end though

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT