ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue v. Maryland Game Thread

It's over. Thecrowd got into it and we're warn out. It's over, we drop to 19-5.

Our lack of offense outside of Hammons posting up is glaringly obvious today. Nothing new, unfortunately. Teams with a clue on offense would be burying Maryland today.

Reactions: rjmpu82
The cards are stacked against us. This will take a miracle. watch trimble shoot free throws the rest of the way.

Our lack of offense outside of Hammons posting up is glaringly obvious today. Nothing new, unfortunately. Teams with a clue on offense would be burying Maryland today.
What are we about 2 for 20 from 3. Can't compete that way.

Finish strong Boilers!!! top five team at there place.......and you still have a chance!! Better than what EVERYONE predicted....win baby!!

Has there ever been a game where a team didn't shoot a FT? 31 minutes in and not a single FT for Purdue...
When you don't have anybody perimeter players that has the ability to attack the basket, you won't see Purdue shoot any freethrows today.

can we for once "STEAL" a game in the closing minutes?

terrible 3 pt shooting and the Refs only calling on FTa for the boilers = a real fing challenge.

Dakota, Vince, can a couple 3s. Pretty please?

wtf

Not liking so many 3's...but worse than that is this lopsided FT shooting. Not trying to be sour grapes...but I feel like we're getting homered.

Reactions: Augie85
We can complain all we want about the lack of free throws, the fact is that we don't have the athleticism or skill to create anything on the offensive end.

We've got 4 of our guys waiting for AJ to do something and all 5 of theirs knowing that's all we've got. It is what it is.

going to be interesting to see the foul difference. seemed to change drastically second half. less than a minute and get to shoot

we have absolutely no one that can create a play off the dribble. I think our 3 pt shooting suffers a bit because it's easy to guard. there is no threat to go off the bounce.

we simply try dump it in or then passively shoot 3s. it's also why we don't draw fouls (Maryland also played good post D).

Last edited:
Reactions: boilerpt
We can complain all we want about the lack of free throws, the fact is that we don't have the athleticism or skill to create anything on the offensive end.

We've got 4 of our guys waiting for AJ to do something and all 5 of theirs knowing that's all we've got. It is what it is.

If I see only 3 FTs again this year, I'll believe you

Reactions: BandofBoilers
Not liking so many 3's...but worse than that is this lopsided FT shooting. Not trying to be sour grapes...but I feel like we're getting homered.

You don't get to the line by passing back and forth 23 feet from the basket. You get there going to the hole. We tried that maybe twice today.

Reactions: skfboiler

When you cannot create you need to shot decent.

Dakich said it....Nobody on Purdue looks like they want to shoot. You can't score inside every time......have to hit something from the perimeter....2-21 from 3.....pathetic for a team with such high hopes early in the season for its shooters.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT