ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue v. Illinois Game Thread

Pathetic. You can tell that after we put a small run together after halftime, the flood gates are gonna open for Illinois. Just had that feel

I highly doubt that is what is being drawn up, more like someone isn't rotating over like they are supposed to.

Yes....I think Ethan Morton got caught not rotating or recognizing on the last two. On the second one, he did not close out too well or hard enough - I expect he'll "hear" about it from CMP.

Reactions: PU pit bull and BBG
I was told by people on this board that we would see Morton playing the 4 at all. Too small to defend the 4, they said. Now I see him come in for Gillis while Wheeler remains on the bench. Hmmm
He mention he needed to play more. His ball handling allowed the guards to work off the ball more. He made a nice post feed to Zach from the top early as well. Tried to jam cockburn to the basketball got called on it.

What position is Morton playing? I thought he was a PG. He certainly can’t shoot yet. Is he simply resting someone? Given that we have no real PG, why not let him play?

I think he's generally playing the 2/3 or the 4 if Purdue has four G's out there. It appears he's still catching up to the game...hasn't slowed down enough yet for him.

Reactions: BBG
What position is Morton playing? I thought he was a PG. He certainly can’t shoot yet. Is he simply resting someone? Given that we have no real PG, why not let him play?
He seems to spend alot of time in the corners and along the baseline. But he is still finding his way. He'll get better.

Reactions: PU pit bull
Totally agree, but he and Newman are really the only guys we have that can get to the basket.

Well........darn resolutions only lasted a day.

6y6hu985otvd.gif

23 points in the half means we are getting stuffed defensively. Regardless of Illinois’ score, we are getting defended better than our young offense can handle.

Reactions: PU pit bull
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT