ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue Track Team Highest National Rank Ever

Mar 8, 2013
I support anyone that chooses Purdue as the place they want to get an education and want to compete with Prude written across their chest.

Congrats on track team having highest rank ever. Fingers cross they can live up to the preseason billing.

This is good news, congrats to the track team. I enjoyed watching last years BIG 10 meet on the Big Ten Network, hope they represent well. Is this Men's, Women's, or a combined ranking?
But good Lord man, you do know this thread will attract the lynch Morgan Burke people don't you?

Originally posted by New Pal Boiler:
What are the ticket sales for track this year? $3 million or more i hope.
Our track opened in 1967, so don't worry ... it's paid for.

It may have to be resurfaced, though, after Mostert tore it up last spring in winning the Big Ten's 100 and 200 meters.

Thanks to that, all of Purdue's football telecasts last season had repeated mentions of the fastest man in college football.

Nice advertising, nice payoff.

If football does not start filling the stands, the track team or some other minor sport won't be around in the future. That's why taking care of the revenue sports actually is serious business.

LOL

the people on this board are so predictable. I say something positive about Purdue. Yet, look how many negative pessimists come out to try to rain on the parade. Why can't people just be more happy???

Grad, I tried to warn that the ding dongs would come out ringing. But how much revenue will that hardworking, successful track team generate? Geesshh, this board has definitely withered to about a 1/2 dozen sadsacked bitchers who can't even support a group of successful Purdue athletes because it doesn't support there agenda. And the predictable response will be is your stupid for supporting these non revenue sports, they don't bring in the $$$$. Sad.

good post Pub1986

I find it interesting how many more fiscal based conversations happen on this board over the past year or so. Last I checked none of us run the books so why do so many people get angry about the numbers. People get paid to do that so I will let them worry about it. Especially considering the know they incoming and out going money better than anyone on this board does, no matter how many articles you read about television deals or salaries. The thing is we do not truly know how much money Purdue has or has to invest on financial risks. The nature of being in the sports / entertainment business is everything is a risk and nothing is a guarantee, No money spent can be guaranteed to make more money than that of which was spent.

Also Pub I did enjoy your point about personal agendas. A lot of people of a mind set of: I love football, so all that matters is football, why does Purdue even fund other sports besides football, what a waste of resources to put money in other things besides football. If Purdue wins a national title in football then more Fortune 500 companies will value my Purdue degree more and I will get a new job, with more money. : or they think something close to that.

Dont universities have to actually publish financials like this since they get so much state money? I know they do with professor salaries, etc. but can never seem to find a balance sheet on the athletic department. I always wonder where ESPN/other guys get their numbers from.
This post was edited on 1/7 7:02 PM by boiler17

I am happy that the track team is doing well. IMO the track team ranking and the poor performance of the football team are mutually exclusive issues. However the truth is that doing well in track is like peeing your pants in a dark suit -- it gives you a warm feeling but nobody notices.

In fairness, this is the FOOTBALL board.

Good for them, but I will not be DVRing track meets, buying season track tickets, or bragging about our meet wins over the water cooler.

Re: In fairness, this is the FOOTBALL board.

True, but we have to suffer through endless tales from visitors to HS school gyms looking for Hickory.

GBI doesn't have a premium BB (or Olympic sport) board, so the FB (KHC) board is over run.

The football board will angrily accept all good things Purdue until they start happening in Football.

Sorry- but how does this relate to football? Are you going to update us on the ping pong and bowling teams also?

Wonder why GBI doesn't have a track message board?

LOL! That was good for chuckle on this Sunday morning! I might not have a sense of humor after the COLTS play today.

Absolutely nobody cares (except pArents) about the track team.

Why don't you post this on one of the boards devoted to topics like that?

Good luck this season tho but not the place come on
Posted from Rivals Mobile

Obviously need to shut down this track thread because it is definitely upsetting the boards fatties. The only run these guys know anything about is the one they get in their nylons.

This post was edited on 1/13 5:28 AM by Pub1986

So if we're not die hard fans of the track team, then we are fat? No, I think that just makes us normal. Why don't you go to Pigs and brag about how we're going to whip them in the hammer throw?

WOW! WOW! How are there so many people upset at the track team? What did the track team do to anyone? I thought this was a Purdue Athletics website, I did not realize people were not fans of all Purdue sports.

PS just because the board say Football does not mean we can not discuss other topics. I just think it is funny how many people got their panties in a bunch because something not Purdue football related, but yet still Purdue athletics was posted. Heaven forbid people expand their horizons and care about more than one sport. The comment of no one cares about Track (or insert other sport) is just stupid. People do care. Maybe instead of just saying no one cares maybe you can open your mind and find an interest in a new sport instead of just pooping on something you have never tried before. I understand some people have simple minds and all they know is what they see on sportscenter so the only sports that matter are football, bball, and baseball.

"The cool kids only talk about football, so therefor I only care about football and will hate on anyone that talks about other sports" great attitude to have in life, especially as an adult

I guess I do not get the jump of oh look Purdue track is doing well, lets torch Morgan Burke's office because of the track team doing well.

If you do not care about Purdue track then just simply post nothing, just because you have a log in on a free message board you are not obligated to comment on everything and try to be a debbie downer at all times.

:rant: Gosh society has become so annoying. Stop being a pessimistic whiner and just be happy. In today's world so many people want to nit pick and just tear everything down. Just stop, hug your significant other, tell your parents you love them. the world is not that terrible of a place.

"New Sport"?

Um, track has only been around for a few thousand years or so, I think we're all pretty familiar with the concept of running in circles.

How's the purdue bocce ball team doing?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT