ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue Out On Haralson, Mullins & Sisley...

BoilerInChiTown

True Freshman
Oct 5, 2016
We spent a lot of times on these in-state recruits and was hoping we capitalize on our national runner up season last year and land one of these guys. Sisley was the most likely but the "my dream loosier school" was just too strong.

The one and done, 5 stars like Haralson and Mullins most likely are getting too much NIL to come and play for Purdue.

Sounds like we are getting West and may have a good chance with Singleton. Williams-Adams probably won't happen. We need to get Singleton then we should be alright with the portal nowadays. CMP shuld change his pitch a bit so some of these elite kids would come.
Be honest but also creative.

We spent a lot of times on these in-state recruits and was hoping we capitalize on our national runner up season last year and land one of these guys. Sisley was the most likely but the "my dream loosier school" was just too strong.

The one and done, 5 stars like Haralson and Mullins most likely are getting too much NIL to come and play for Purdue.

Sounds like we are getting West and may have a good chance with Singleton. Williams-Adams probably won't happen. We need to get Singleton then we should be alright with the portal nowadays. CMP shuld change his pitch a bit so some of these elite kids would come.
Be honest but also creative.
How did you see Haralson and Mullins playing next year? From what player would they take minutes away from? We are very experienced this year and even more so next year.

It sucks. But It’s not that big of a miss as it has been in the last due to the portal being there.

Brian said we hadn’t recruited JH for some time and I’d take Colvin, Heide and Loyer over Mullins NEXT year. After that, he may be better. But we have seen Frosh take time to pickup schemes and we are crowded at his position. I’m not sure he is a one and done unless Hurley can get that out of him.

I think JH could have helped us the most out of the class of 2025 recruits. But good luck to him and Mullins.

Sisley would be a good foundational piece and would have been a good boiler, however, portal will always be there for him 😏. But hope it pans out for him too.

I read some postmortem stuff on Sisley and he was attending a lot of IU games and comes from an IU house. The fact we were close says a lot about Painter and our staff.

The other piece was about our roster next year. Minutes would be hard fought for any of them unless Painter would promise playing time and cut a returners time.

I think Mullins ends up at IU and Haralson ends up at ND.

It is hard to reconcile NIL and the portal with the model of using experienced players to get you to a FF. Since NIL and the portal are new, we will have to see how things evolve. Playing together for a few years is a definite advantage as I feel our friends to the south will find out soon. The portal and NIL could make keeping a team together for a few seasons difficult. Time will tell. Of Haralson, Mullins and Sisley, Mullins is the one I hate to see get away. Sisley is a solid foundation player but not a difference maker. I just never had a good feeling about Harlason as a Purdue fit. Mullins is the guy I wanted.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
It is hard to reconcile NIL and the portal with the model of using experienced players to get you to a FF. Since NIL and the portal are new, we will have to see how things evolve. Playing together for a few years is a definite advantage as I feel our friends to the south will find out soon. The portal and NIL could make keeping a team together for a few seasons difficult. Time will tell. Of Haralson, Mullins and Sisley, Mullins is the one I hate to see get away. Sisley is a solid foundation player but not a difference maker. I just never had a good feeling about Harlason as a Purdue fit. Mullins is the guy I wanted.
Mullins just doesn’t fit next year with Fletch and Myles being more experienced.

How did you see Haralson and Mullins playing next year? From what player would they take minutes away from? We are very experienced this year and even more so next year.

It sucks. But It’s not that big of a miss as it has been in the last due to the portal being there.

Brian said we hadn’t recruited JH for some time and I’d take Colvin, Heide and Loyer over Mullins NEXT year. After that, he may be better. But we have seen Frosh take time to pickup schemes and we are crowded at his position. I’m not sure he is a one and done unless Hurley can get that out of him.

I think JH could have helped us the most out of the class of 2025 recruits. But good luck to him and Mullins.

Sisley would be a good foundational piece and would have been a good boiler, however, portal will always be there for him 😏. But hope it pans out for him too.
Given the wacky nature of things nowadays with portal transfers, NIL, etc. — who’s to say we couldn’t pull any of these kids to Purdue in a year or two to fulfill a specific need if necessary ( assuming they aren’t headed directly to the NBA)??

The “Mason Gillis Scenario” cuts both ways, no?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT