ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue/Nebraska

No doubt, they did play better towards the end which was nice to see. We'll see who CKG brings from the portal, but Amiyah, Poole, and Puryear will help upgrade our athleticism.
Agreed, I’m optimistic the team will be better next year, still need to pull at least two portal. Players, maybe 3 if a girl or two leaves which I suspect happens.

Agreed, I’m optimistic the team will be better next year, still need to pull at least two portal. Players, maybe 3 if a girl or two leaves which I suspect happens.
The more you pull from the portal right now, the longer the rebuild takes. We have a lot of young talent next year that needs all the reps they can get. You put 2-3 hired guns in front of them you are A) slowing down the recruited players development, B) Encouraging players to leave as the coaches are showing no loyalty to the players, why should the players be loyal to the coach, and C) damaging recruiting down the road as KG continues to earn a reputation that she is a poor man's copy of Brenda Frese.

The more you pull from the portal right now, the longer the rebuild takes. We have a lot of young talent next year that needs all the reps they can get. You put 2-3 hired guns in front of them you are A) slowing down the recruited players development, B) Encouraging players to leave as the coaches are showing no loyalty to the players, why should the players be loyal to the coach, and C) damaging recruiting down the road as KG continues to earn a reputation that she is a poor man's copy of Brenda Frese.
Michael, not encouraging anyone to leave, the year is 2024, all teams lose players, nature of the beast, maybe Purdue doesn’t lose anyone, my guess is they will lose 1 or 2. I’m not talking total turnover, however, if they lose 2 players they’d have 10 scholarship players, no way they’re going to play 5 light.

Michael, not encouraging anyone to leave, the year is 2024, all teams lose players, nature of the beast, maybe Purdue doesn’t lose anyone, my guess is they will lose 1 or 2. I’m not talking total turnover, however, if they lose 2 players they’d have 10 scholarship players, no way they’re going to play 5 light.
Yeah as of now we would have 12 players for next season. Who knows what will happen, but it's not unreasonable to expect a couple of transfers. Even if no one does transfer, I don't know if certain players will make the necessary jump they need to compete at a ncaa tournament level. In a way, you're doing a disservice to the players who are good enough to compete but not surrounding them with other quality players.

It doesn't mean the underclassmen still can't grow if we bring in two Portal players. They can still get 15+ minutes and improve. Nothing says these portal players have to play 30+ minutes a game either.

Yeah as of now we would have 12 players for next season. Who knows what will happen, but it's not unreasonable to expect a couple of transfers. Even if no one does transfer, I don't know if certain players will make the necessary jump they need to compete at a ncaa tournament level. In a way, you're doing a disservice to the players who are good enough to compete but not surrounding them with other quality players.

It doesn't mean the underclassmen still can't grow if we bring in two Portal players. They can still get 15+ minutes and improve. Nothing says these portal players have to play 30+ minutes a game either.
If you aren't getting 30 minute a night players and winning 20 games, you have pissed away part of your future for nothing IMHO. IF we lose a couple, then take a couple, but if everyone stays, I would stand pat with what we have. Otherwise we risk losing 3-4 of this years freshmen because they won't get the playing time to develop and shine.

Reactions: tomgloe

If everyone returns (they won’t) you still take a big, maybe a 5th year girl looking for minutes looking to play a Covid year, they need another. Ideally I think they add a big and maybe a girl that can score a little. Guessing when the roster shakes out you’ll have 10 girls on scholarship, they’ll add at least two maybe 3…maybe I’m wrong and all return and they just add 1 big, I doubt that happens though.

Reactions: tomgloe
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT