ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue favored by 10.5

boilerzz

All-American
Jul 5, 2002
West Chester, OH
www.marchfirstbrewing.com
Wow! I would've guess 2.5. It makes me wonder whether Vegas knows something we don't, like a key IU player being unavailable.

If not, I'll be shocked if the line doesn't end up below 6 at tipoff.

Wow! I would've guess 2.5. It makes me wonder whether Vegas knows something we don't, like a key IU player being unavailable.

Purdue is every bit better by that amount on a neutral court, but that is a lot more than I expected. The line will go down as it gets closer

Vegas doesn’t or can’t factor in the rivalry. This is purely based on metrics. Me thinks it’s high, but that’s my opinion.
They can, but whether that's relevant enough is the question. They want equal action on both sides, through whatever information they can come up with, trends included. They clearly think they can get it with a number this high, but for the life of me, I can't see this spread being higher than the spread at Nebraska was (7.5). Especially considering we lost to Nebraska, so the metrics themselves should bring it down.

The only thing to really say about it is the betting public thinks Indinia is in fact that bad.

My book's number won't come out until this evening, and usually lines are pretty similar from different sources, but I'll post what it is later.

Way too many bad calls in Simon Malls arena to give that many points. The Walmarters and Indinia trailer trash whine and sob about every call, so they’ll be able to keep it close because of that. They’re still trying to get over what, for most of them, was their first trip to scary New Jersey.

On a positive note, Indinia fans continue to be indifferent to their rentateam. Tons of tickets available online, and the prices are plummeting. Selling at a loss to pay for a new wife beater will be their best play tomorrow night. Also heard they’re boarding up the Taco Bells, just in case.

Indinia fans complaining that the line is “disrespectful”. Softening up the refs more than usual for Mall Hall.

Way too many bad calls in Simon Malls arena to give that many points. The Walmarters and Indinia trailer trash whine and sob about every call, so they’ll be able to keep it close because of that. They’re still trying to get over what, for most of them, was their first trip to scary New Jersey.

On a positive note, Indinia fans continue to be indifferent to their rentateam. Tons of tickets available online, and the prices are plummeting. Selling at a loss to pay for a new wife beater will be their best play tomorrow night. Also heard they’re boarding up the Taco Bells, just in case.
This is funny!

Reactions: Do Dah Day
I think the line at 9.5 is about right - bad taste from last year, motivation from 2 road losses and IU cannot shoot the three. They are currently 181st at 33 percent. I know ass hall can be tough but Edey is gonna take this game personal and I wouldn’t be surprised if Loyer and Smith go off - especially if Johnson continues to be a detriment.

Wow very surprised how ticket prices are falling

Vegas may know that Xavier Johnson will be playing for Indiana, widening the spread.

I think the line at 9.5 is about right - bad taste from last year, motivation from 2 road losses and IU cannot shoot the three. They are currently 181st at 33 percent. I know ass hall can be tough but Edey is gonna take this game personal and I wouldn’t be surprised if Loyer and Smith go off - especially if Johnson continues to be a detriment.
Yeah, but after the way Nebraska shot the three against us, you can never underestimate any team not shooting lights out when #1 (or #2 I guess this time) comes to town. Especially in a rivalry game. Reneau and Galloway can both shoot it, only one needs a good game for that 33% to be 50%

Yeah, but after the way Nebraska shot the three against us, you can never underestimate any team not shooting lights out when #1 (or #2 I guess this time) comes to town. Especially in a rivalry game. Reneau and Galloway can both shoot it, only one needs a good game for that 33% to be 50%
Reneau can shoot it if he’s wide open. He has hit one 3 that he created off the dribble and it was a desperation 3 at the end of Rutgers. Galloway is shooting horribly from 3 as he has regressed back to the mean/what kind of outside shooter he is from last year. IU also doesn’t take a ton of 3s.

However, you’re still right and we need to make sure those two don’t get going. I think we will need to focus more on Galloway driving and stopping that aspect. But it is a rivalry game so maybe he will shoot bette than 27% from 3 tonight. I think shutting down Reneau will be a huge key to tonight’s game. Or get him into foul trouble.

Reneau can shoot it if he’s wide open. He has hit one 3 that he created off the dribble and it was a desperation 3 at the end of Rutgers. Galloway is shooting horribly from 3 as he has regressed back to the mean/what kind of outside shooter he is from last year. IU also doesn’t take a ton of 3s.

However, you’re still right and we need to make sure those two don’t get going. I think we will need to focus more on Galloway driving and stopping that aspect. But it is a rivalry game so maybe he will shoot bette than 27% from 3 tonight. I think shutting down Reneau will be a huge key to tonight’s game. Or get him into foul trouble.

IF fouls are called close to what they should, Reneau plays maybe 18 minutes. He still fouls a ton, it just isn't getting called. Like if he got Edey's whistle the last few games, he would foul out in the first half.

Its A Trap GIF by Star Wars

IF fouls are called close to what they should, Reneau plays maybe 18 minutes. He still fouls a ton, it just isn't getting called. Like if he got Edey's whistle the last few games, he would foul out in the first half.
IU board already complaining how little edey gets called for fouls and we all are assuming edey will have 2 within 2 mins 😂

He’s a fouling machine, as is the Ball State guy. Ware is afraid of contact and not strong, so anything taken to him will quickly chase him off the floor. If they get lucky from the perimeter, this could be a game, and if Johnson is allowed to be the thug he is, that will help them. Otherwise, they’ll whine and sob about ZE while they take turns hanging all over him, but that’s not likely to help.

Still plenty of tickets available at plunging prices.

Reactions: ChoiceBeef
He’s a fouling machine, as is the Ball State guy. Ware is afraid of contact and not strong, so anything taken to him will quickly chase him off the floor. If they get lucky from the perimeter, this could be a game, and if Johnson is allowed to be the thug he is, that will help them. Otherwise, they’ll whine and sob about ZE while they take turns hanging all over him, but that’s not likely to help.

Still plenty of tickets available at plunging prices.
I was told the fanbase of IU travels so well…but apparently not to Bloomington?

every ounce of bile in my body is collected into my throat ... I'm ready to spit!!!
I have to admit...my blood pressure goes up. Actually...out of habit...at least when attending a game I find that I roll my sleeves upon both arms. I have no idea when it started, but if it is or should be a close game I start to get intense inside and calm outside more often than not

• Love
Reactions: Do Dah Day
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT