ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue Falls To Iowa In The Big Ten Tournament

DubJellison

Staff Writer
Staff
Oct 26, 2022
Purdue women’s basketball falls 69-58 to Iowa in the Big Ten Women’s Basketball Tournament. The Boilermakers now await Selection Sunday to see their postseason plans.

Your Boiler Upload game recap is sponsored by Reindeer Shuttle.

So, what does everyone think? Is 19-10 enough? Purdue was the last bye in Charlie Creme's bracketology this morning.

Yes; they are easily in as a 10 seed. The B10 is getting 7 teams in - 6 of which have been in the top 25 this season. C’mon. It’s obvious.

I think they get in. Had a number of Road wins vs good teams. Put up a good fight for 3 qtrs last night vs Iowa. Lots of IU fans were rooting for Lady Boilers last night.

Reactions: JeffBoiler
I think they get in. Had a number of Road wins vs good teams. Put up a good fight for 3 qtrs last night vs Iowa. Lots of IU fans were rooting for Lady Boilers last night.
Good to hear. Those IU fans may have had “ulterior motives” since a defeat of Iowa by us would smooth their path to the BTT title - AND, I’m guessing no love lost between those 2 programs - but I don’t sense the same level of rival-hatred between IU & PU WBB programs as on the mens side.

I pulled hard for them last year as they made their NCAA run. Big 10 benefits from more teams challenging for the national title - Purdue is still the only B10 national title winner - and IU is coached by a Boiler. I like being friendly rivals. Fierce, but friendly. JMO 😎

Reactions: 4IUSox2
So, what does everyone think? Is 19-10 enough? Purdue was the last bye in Charlie Creme's bracketology this morning.
It's close, but I think we might get in. Not sure being in the 5th best conference gives us as much weight as others think, but I am hopeful we get a bid. SoS preconference hurts us IMO, and the loss to UMinn and close game against UWisc to finish the year make me more doubtful than I was two weeks ago.

Reactions: rgarlitz
It's close, but I think we might get in. Not sure being in the 5th best conference gives us as much weight as others think, but I am hopeful we get a bid. SoS preconference hurts us IMO, and the loss to UMinn and close game against UWisc to finish the year make me more doubtful than I was two weeks ago.
Just curious: which conferences are ahead of Big10? Guessing both SEC and ACC, and maybe PAC 12? Big10 has several teams ranked right now, so I figured we’d be higher than 5th best.

Just curious: which conferences are ahead of Big10? Guessing both SEC and ACC, and maybe PAC 12? Big10 has several teams ranked right now, so I figured we’d be higher than 5th best
Sure
The real time RPI and NCAA NET have them rated all about the same. Notice the BT is a lot closer to 6th than 4th. I'm camping in Alabama with the gf, so hard for me to pull up the site atm

Just curious: which conferences are ahead of Big10? Guessing both SEC and ACC, and maybe PAC 12? Big10 has several teams ranked right now, so I figured we’d be higher than 5th best.
ACC has 7 teams top 30 NET ratings. SEC and Pac12 each have two teams vying for#1 seeds, and BEast has UConn and a couple other ranked teams.

Correct, 10 or maybe 11 seed
Creme's current prediction has us as a play in 11, but he also has UMary as a #1 seed with IU which has no basis in reality and 3 BT trans on bubble watch. As to the confidence because OTHER teams in the BT rankings... ACC has had 8 teams ranked and still has 7 in the top 30... If the 5th strongest conference deserves 7, how many do the 4 stronger conferences deserve? 9 for the top two, 8 for 3 and 4? I don't think the numbers support that for available at large bids.... If we get in or not, it will be strictly on our own merits, BT strength would only hurt us, thankfully it's not a consideration for the committee. In other news IU probably lost their #1 seed by losing to OSU in the semi finals. BT will have 4 teams on the 2-4 seed range IMO.

Last edited:

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT