ADVERTISEMENT

If IU pulls off this class of Sisley/ Mullins/Haralson/Reibe.....

How does it work?? You cant be BOTH a mercenary NIL program and recruit Freshmen.
Sure you can. IU wouldn't be getting these guys for coaching or because of the program. They would be getting these guys because they are paying them, hence the mercenary NIL program.

Edit: Ah I see what you meant. Initially thought you were an IU fan arguing IU wasn't a mercenary program. because they recruit freshman. I agree with your sentiment while also maintaining that IU is a mercenary program that only gets anyone because they pay players.

Last edited:
I don’t pretend to know how much they are paying for NIL but I thought I heard they had an $8m budget and already gave some of their vets $400k and some of their other transfers $800k so probably can’t afford to give each of these guys $1m+. There just aren’t enough minutes to go around too. So if they get these guys it probably means renau and Mgbako aren’t coming back (*and tucker). I also would expect if Haralson goes there Rice will leave.

I don’t pretend to know how much they are paying for NIL but I thought I heard they had an $8m budget and already gave some of their vets $400k and some of their other transfers $800k so probably can’t afford to give each of these guys $1m+. There just aren’t enough minutes to go around too. So if they get these guys it probably means renau and Mgbako aren’t coming back (*and tucker). I also would expect if Haralson goes there Rice will leave.
I understand that CMP does not use the mercenary approach. Any speculation on how much our mercenary money bag would be if......
1. He sees the writing on the wall, is the last power-5 coach to 'hold out', and starts doing it.
2. CMP retires and the new HC does the mercenary thing.

Mack is projected first round pick but has to show he can actually guard and show quickness. Not much explosiveness with him.

Malik isn’t projected anywhere yet to the NBA…but I suppose he could always transfer. He has a lot to improve —shooting outside 8 ft, free throw %, moving his feet and standing straight up and not fouling so damn much (he has 4+ fouls A LOT).

Agreed on the not enough mins to go around. Will be interested to see how woody deals with that this year.

Reactions: BBG and ChoiceBeef
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT