ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue at Wisconsin: MASTER DISCUSSION THREAD

Purdue played ok on D....BUT Going to take a lot more than a 34 pt H2 to win this. Likely 42+.
Purdue needs to ramp it up for sure.
Push it.

Who? Oh!!!! I thought that was Samwise Gamgee...

the lord of the rings actor GIF
and essigian looks like their mascot too

Edey gonna have to step it up for us to win. Some of it is not getting calls but he's also not playing well at all.

Reactions: Boiler Buck
I think he was about to and they ran a double screen for Chucky at the top and he was trailing too much. Good play by Wisconsin. There's a point where giving a foul is too early and not worth it. No reason to foul 40 feet from the basket.
There was 8 seconds left before the double screen. We had 2 fouls to give. You foul and force them to inbound, then foul again. If they still score with 2-3 seconds left, tip your cap an move on. But with 2 fouls to give, you have to at least give the one and break up their play.

Purdue played ok on D....BUT Going to take a lot more than a 34 pt H2 to win this. Likely 42+.
Purdue needs to ramp it up for sure.
Push it.
Definitely need to push it. Their Thursday night game might make a difference.

I think this is the best officiating crew I've seen all year, letting them play to a point and no automatic calls

Brian Dorsey, Kelly Pfeifer, and Doug Sirmon.

Think Pfeifer was on the Northwestern/Minnesota game yesterday. Dorsey was on Maryland/Michigan State.

Edey gonna have to step it up for us to win. Some of it is not getting calls but he's also not playing well at all.
True for sure what does he have 5pts?

Certainly, not what you expect out of a NPOTY candidate. Keep ball higher. Don't bring it down. Thought our Coaches would have him corrected on this by now. I look for him to have a good H2....after the half "talk"

Need to see more fire out of him and a better job establishing position to score. Only then will we see the finger-guns come out.

I love Edey as a player and as a person, representing Purdue wonderfully.

But this game is Exhibit A on why NBA success is a stretch to say the least.

Also: WHY DOES HE HAVE TO DRIBBLE JUST TO GET A FOOT CLOSER TO A BUNNY? JUST GO UP!!!

True for sure what does he have 5pts?

Certainly, not what you expect out of a NPOTY candidate. Keep ball higher. Don't bring it down. Thought our Coaches would have him corrected on this by now. I look for him to have a good H2....after the half "talk"
Agreed, but also our passers need to wait until he has better position closer to the basket. Too high and he has to dribble.

Both these teams are too good offensively to be in the low 30s.

Scoring going to explode in H2. Hope Purdue is ready.

I love Edey as a player and as a person, representing Purdue wonderfully.

But this game is Exhibit A on why NBA success is a stretch to say the least.

Also: WHY DOES HE HAVE TO DRIBBLE JUST TO GET A FOOT CLOSER TO A BUNNY? JUST GO UP!!!
yea , just go up your 5 to 7 ft away shooting down at the basket, plus he had 1 on 1 's and passed out of it

I have to believe Edey is under the weather. Braden is shooting more instead of feeding the post on certain plays.

Reactions: Schnelk
The refs aren't going to give Edey anything so he's just going to have to be tougher and more aggressive. They are swallowing their whistles.
Phifer did that in Rutgers I believe. Bothered Zach so much he was deep in the middle with his right hand available for jump hook but passed it out and Braden tried and tried and then hit him and Zach went with his left. Lot of reason to still be optimistic.

Zach really got too high in the lane for that last basket. He really struggles against a bouce pass once a player gets in the lane…but understandable. It would help a lot for Zach to challenge them by always getting deeper or Trey get a few deep. As it is Wisconsin is really tight on all the perimeter. Wish Matt had more back cuts, but the people this year are smaller. Maybe a backscreen for Trey and Lance or fletch can step out. Braden will probably be one pass away if that took place and not the backscreener.

Screen the screener? Mostly just need calls when Zach has the ball

Reactions: Schnelk
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT