ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue at Wisconsin: MASTER DISCUSSION THREAD

Is there anything more aggravating than home team fans booing OBVIOUS calls against their team?
I'm fine with it in the moment. It's part of the flow of emotion and the vast majority cannot see from their vantage point. But when they show a replay and the fans are still tantruming, at that point the fans are just displaying their ignorance of the rules.

A tap-back is not possession, thus, we were correctly allowed to go "over and back."

The entire white out-of-bounds line is, wait for it, out of bounds. Thus, we were correctly allowed to step on it before inbounding (and I don't think we even did; the end of his shoe simply rested above it).

After Northwestern, Painter talked about it being a technique issue for Zach, that the ball comes off his hand in a bad spot when he's missing.

It looked a little better today to me. The one thing I noticed early in the game, he seemed to really be holding back......maybe deliberately so to not pick up early fouls maybe?

Still - 18/13/2 with 3 blocks.....oh to be that productive on an "off" day on the road against a top-10 opponent with a decent front court. The four turnovers hurt, but again.....credit Wisconsin a little too.

It looked a little better today to me. The one thing I noticed early in the game, he seemed to really be holding back......maybe deliberately so to not pick up early fouls maybe?

Still - 18/13/2 with 3 blocks.....oh to be that productive on an "off" day on the road against a top-10 opponent with a decent front court. The four turnovers hurt, but again.....credit Wisconsin a little too.
I'm still going with the idea that he was under the weather. Picked up a little bit in the second half, but he was not moving like normal.

Reactions: Schnelk
Reffing was fine today, Purdue did ok for being on the road. I would hate to be an official, every game fans on both sides say they’re cheating, toughest job on the planet.
Refs don’t cheat… at least most don’t. They may be inconsistent in a game that may or may not be due to rotations. They may be influenced by the other refs without a good view or possibly the crowd or coach. They may have a warped view on a foul from inside to the perimeter or just how much contact before a foul. A ref can have a fast whistle or a slow whistle, but a ref has an effect upon the game …AND all fouls are not equal as are the timing of the fouls.

Refs don’t cheat but they MANY times touch the game. Hard job and then the NCAA adds another rule to make their job harder…very similar to corporate or government. 😁

• Love
Reactions: Do Dah Day
We really tried to give it Wisconsin. Up by 9 with 1 minute left. Definitely not pretty ending. Thank God we pulled it off

Reactions: DrEss
I'm still going with the idea that he was under the weather. Picked up a little bit in the second half, but he was not moving like normal.

I hear you Chi-B.....it's that time of the year. Has close to a week to get a little extra rest for Indiana next Saturday.....gonna be another Battle near the Wabash I expect.

I hear you Chi-B.....it's that time of the year. Has close to a week to get a little extra rest for Indiana next Saturday.....gonna be another Battle near the Wabash I expect.
Zach the last 2 games has seemed half a step slow, missing FTs, not as good of touch around the rim. I think the rest this week will help.

Interesting side note that my kid brought up and I just saw it on Twitter too. Purdue has now won 7 straight for the 3rd time this season. But never got #8. Therefore, we lose Saturday to Indinia, then lose in the Quarters of the BTT (maybe to Indinia again?), then win the title before losing the 2nd game of next season.

Everyone good with that?

• Wow
Reactions: Old Gold n Black
Refs don’t cheat… at least most don’t. They may be inconsistent in a game that may or may not be due to rotations. They may be influenced by the other refs without a good view or possibly the crowd or coach. They may have a warped view on a foul from inside to the perimeter or just how much contact before a foul. A ref can have a fast whistle or a slow whistle, but a ref has an effect upon the game …AND all fouls are not equal as are the timing of the fouls.

Refs don’t cheat but they MANY times touch the game. Hard job and then the NCAA adds another rule to make their job harder…very similar to corporate or government. 😁
on that one phantom foul on Morton where the wisky player got caught in the air and threw it to Gillis, Gard did his Izzo imitation, standing near the ref and called foul on that play. On replay even Raff said that should be a play on.

Reactions: Boiler Buck
Interesting side note that my kid brought up and I just saw it on Twitter too. Purdue has now won 7 straight for the 3rd time this season. But never got #8. Therefore, we lose Saturday to Indinia, then lose in the Quarters of the BTT (maybe to Indinia again?), then win the title before losing the 2nd game of next season.

Everyone good with that?
I sign up for that, even though I am not sure we can lose to IU this coming game, even if we try.

Everyone good with that?

Like how it ends....but lose to this woeful iu team. At our place? Nope.

Everyone good with that?
if that means we win the title, yep

superhero-jesus-10.jpg

UConn's 2 top 25 wins trying to justify their ranking.

superhero-jesus-10.jpg

UConn's 2 top 25 wins trying to justify their ranking.
But I heard numerous times this weekend by the TV talking heads that UConn is the most complete team, over Purdue, blah blah. Love to see Purdue and UConn in the final 2.

But I heard numerous times this weekend by the TV talking heads that UConn is the most complete team, over Purdue, blah blah. Love to see Purdue and UConn in the final 2.
The most complete teams are not always the best teams. Yes, those IU teams with complete teams. But that Purdue team with Carrol did allright. And made the final 4. That UCLA team with Walton did ok. That Houston team with Elvin Hayes was pretty good. Oscar Robertson was a pretty good one man team. Wade took Marquette to a final 4.

You don’t need to be complete to win.

Except Eastern was a good defender. Morton is a good defender and coach Painter and all the other big ten coaches know it. He is not a lock down defender like some of Purdue’s all world defenders like Davis or Eastern, but he is a good defender.

Reactions: Boiler Buck
I was waiting until after today to put this out there, but it sure is starting to feel like 3 years ago when Gonzaga and Baylor were by far the best 2 teams in the country and of course ended up playing in the final.

Reactions: DrEss and Dryfly88
I was waiting until after today to put this out there, but it sure is starting to feel like 3 years ago when Gonzaga and Baylor were by far the best 2 teams in the country and of course ended up playing in the final.
I'm OK with a repeat this year, but don't know if my heart could take a game like the Gonzaga-UCLA game.

Reactions: Chi-Boiler
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT