ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue at Wisconsin: MASTER DISCUSSION THREAD

Dustin from Stranger Things (er... I mean Klesmit) running into Gillis and faking the brain injury is on brand.

160813-_Leon-Gaten-Matarazzo-tease_orytly
Pulling a XJ.

Good win considering our bench gave us nothing....Seems like the bench is going in the wrong direction

Which is why going away from Colvin makes zero sense.

Cam and Morton aren’t giving you anything. Colvin at least was not afraid to
Shoot the 3.

Jones is the difference. His mentality. Fearless, goes for the jugular. Unafraid. DAWG.

20/6/3 today.....and yes, the attitude....need just some of that to rub off.....just a tad.

Smitty - solid generally.....don't like the late turnovers, but he is still the cog of the engine. Better second half from Zach Edey as well.

Purdue 5-2 on the road in conference not too shabby, despite some of the roller coaster moments.

The last minute we went in with a 6 point lead and went out with a 6 point win. It wasn’t perfect, but we maintained the lead, maintained our composure and beat a top 10 team on their home court. That doesn’t happen to most teams - just ask Kentucky , Duke and Houston. They all lost to top 10 teams this week. We won! So the players and coaching staff - despite what the fans post on this board. - must be doing something right!

Crazy as this sounds beating the #6 team on the road, Purdue was not on their game today. Nice to see them gut it out.
That phantom call on zach you wonder how a guy like that keeps his job.
Reffing was fine today, Purdue did ok for being on the road. I would hate to be an official, every game fans on both sides say they’re cheating, toughest job on the planet.

lol. Painter what are you doing?

Why does this happen every year?
Part of it is Purdue often leading at the ends of games, compared to other teams. Definitely something that needs corrected.

Reactions: Schnelk
Can painter not call time out from the bench? As soon as smith picks up his dribble there someone coaches or players should be screaming TO instantly. We have ****ing 3 of them
Very possible he is but it's not being heard by the refs in the moment. Heck, the NBA had a protest about the same thing last week.

10 turnovers now. Wisc with only 5.

It seems to be a theme that teams have low single digit turnovers againat us repeatedly. That trend is an indictment on our defense it seems
If you are going to make judgements based on the boxscore, it's best to review the entire boxscore. I find it even more reliable to watch the game.

Woah.....more cardiac tissue gone today....haha. This team will put the final shovels of dirt on me perhaps. :)
Kim got up to leave the room and I asked where she was going. Told her Purdue was still in good shape and she came back and sat down. This team has different ways to win.

A concern I have is more penetration inside the lane and Zach not bent standing up and in drop but in middle and not really challenging by waiting for a shot and then going straight up. Instead he is vertical and very vulnerable to the bounce pass that many time catches a 3 or 4 (usually) back cutting for 2

• Love
Reactions: Do Dah Day
Is there anything more aggravating than home team fans booing OBVIOUS calls against their team?

Reactions: Schnelk
We seriously don't know how to inbound a basketball.

I need to look at more coverage. I'm liking sending Lance on "wheel" routes down the left side....I do like bringing Mason Gillis forward, except that almost back-fired today....most teams try to push Braden Smith to that bench corner.

Which is why going away from Colvin makes zero sense.

Cam and Morton aren’t giving you anything. Colvin at least was not afraid to
Shoot the 3.
Not sure TODAY they backed off Ethan on offense. He got a couple of bad calls on D and got beat on a drive once off the top of my head

Reactions: Dryfly88
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT