ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue 92, Arizona 84 Game Wrap

Great college basketball game. Made even better that both teams played well - and the game was won instead of being lost. AZ threw the kitchen sink at Purdue...
Great point. Love was amazing, also made all his free throws. Ballo is a beast. Johnson had a whale of a game too.

We did outscore their bench though. 4-2.

Agree. He had to be shocked at the Purdue guards scoring so easily against his all world athletic guards, two were Seniors. But he reacted well going zone. His pregame banter about Zach drawing to many fouls kept his center out of foul trouble.

• Love
Reactions: collegehoopsfan123
It's a silly little comment guys. Relax.
It is silly…

It’s also stupid and symptomatic of a significant group around here who are pathologically incapable of enjoying a signature win by Purdue!

Where is the rest of the pitchfork, “demand better” cadre of so-called Purdue “fans” ???

Funny how they refrain from giving CMP even the slightest modicum of credit for a brilliantly coached game against the nation’s best team ….

Apparently it will take an unexpected stumble by these kids before we are again subjected to their tired , inconsequential BS.

Question on the later overturned basket interference call. If that is reviewed directly after the call is made, if overturned, I would assume that it would go to the possession arrow to determine who gets the ball. In this case, they just wiped the basket away several mins later and Purdue just loses the possession. If the whistle was never blown, we have a chance at an offensive rebound. In this case, the way I see it, we lose the basket and the chance to retain the possession.

Reactions: Boiler Buck
Question on the later overturned basket interference call. If that is reviewed directly after the call is made, if overturned, I would assume that it would go to the possession arrow to determine who gets the ball. In this case, they just wiped the basket away several mins later and Purdue just loses the possession. If the whistle was never blown, we have a chance at an offensive rebound. In this case, the way I see it, we lose the basket and the chance to retain the possession.
I wondered the same thing. Or could they look at the replay even more and see clear control by one team or the other? I thought Mason was nearest to the ball but I might be thinking of another play.

I had the same thought. If it's a play on situation why do they get the ball?

Reactions: 02BoilerUp
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT