ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue 2024 NFL Draft

ImRonBurgandy?

All-American
Aug 14, 2008
Ok, now that the 2023 draft is in the books. Who from our current squad gets drafted in 2024?

I honestly can't think of anyone who is a surefire draft pick.

Garret Miller provided he's healthy and is productive definitely has the talent. Might need 1 more year after next though.

Reactions: pboiler18
Off the top of my head,

Cam Allen
Milton Wright if he returns
1 offensive lineman

Hartwig, Miller, Lewis and maybe mockobee if he declares
Damarjhe Lewis? That's a bold take. I think the guy has upside, but that would be a major step especially coming off major injury. Hartwig is also coming off an ACL, so not sure how healthy he'll be this season.

Damarjhe Lewis? That's a bold take. I think the guy has upside, but that would be a major step especially coming off major injury. Hartwig is also coming off an ACL, so not sure how healthy he'll be this season.
I latched onto the words can’t think of anyone

Wasn't Mock a true freshman last year? If so then he can't declare as far as I'm aware
Without looking, I'm pretty sure he was a redshirt frosh. So he could come out this year (3 years after hs). He'd have to have phenomenal year along with getting faster and stronger.

Without looking, I'm pretty sure he was a redshirt frosh. So he could come out this year (3 years after hs). He'd have to have phenomenal year along with getting faster and stronger.
To me, he looks like the best RB ive seen since 98 here, or close to it, right now. In his first season, in basically ten games, he rushed for 109 more yards and 2 fewer TDs than sheets as a Junior.

He had more receiving yards and a much higher yards per reception 8.6 than sheets in any season.

Our line wasn’t good and made him look worse than he actually was. He had few holes in between the tackles but when runs started outside he showed great explosiveness and strength.

Watch really that whole video, but I would say focus on 1:29. First it shows how, when he didn’t have to rely on people like Eric Miller, he was a very explosive threat. Second, I’d ask that Nebraska DB how strong he is.

I think if he is healthy and does what I think he will, he could go 5th round minimum if he left next year.

Joey Harris and Kory sheets each had one season better than mockobee. Both rushed for 1100 yards in their final seasons here. Ralph bolden, even when healthy, and jerod void.. never rushed for as many yards as Mockobee did as a freshman.

To me, he looks like the best RB ive seen since 98 here, or close to it, right now. In his first season, in basically ten games, he rushed for 109 more yards and 2 fewer TDs than sheets as a Junior.

He had more receiving yards and a much higher yards per reception 8.6 than sheets in any season.

Our line wasn’t good and made him look worse than he actually was. He had few holes in between the tackles but when runs started outside he showed great explosiveness and strength.

Watch really that whole video, but I would say focus on 1:29. First it shows how, when he didn’t have to rely on people like Eric Miller, he was a very explosive threat. Second, I’d ask that Nebraska DB how strong he is.

I think if he is healthy and does what I think he will, he could go 5th round minimum if he left next year.

Joey Harris and Kory sheets each had one season better than mockobee. Both rushed for 1100 yards in their final seasons here. Ralph bolden, even when healthy, and jerod void.. never rushed for as many yards as Mockobee did as a freshman.
Oh no question Mocks a bad man. Hats off to him if he can get drafted after next year. I'm thinking he will need an additional year.

Cam Allen ???
Go back and watch cam Allen in 2021 when lambert was here. English had the genius idea to play press man with 8 on the box and Allen up high by himself. That’s like.., what you do if you have Ed Reed maybe lol.

Allen was recruited here as a cover corner who was asked to play safety because the staff couldn’t recruit dick at free safety.

He looks bigger now, Walters has likely let him know he needs to be devoted to tackling well and this defense should be much more like 2021.

Oh no question Mocks a bad man. Hats off to him if he can get drafted after next year. I'm thinking he will need an additional year.
Probably but the premise of the thread seems to be that we have no one who could get drafted next April. If everyone is healthy I think we have at least five returning players who COULD.

Hartwig
Miller
Lewis
Mockobee
Brevard

I’m anxious to see how Allen and OC Brothers look. They’d have to test very well in addition to having redefining seasons to even have a chance.

But remember that Sydney brown was not thought of as someone who had any chance at the NFL when Walters arrived. In fact, I remember Isaac Zico making him look silly in 2019.

Go back and watch cam Allen in 2021 when lambert was here. English had the genius idea to play press man with 8 on the box and Allen up high by himself. That’s like.., what you do if you have Ed Reed maybe lol.

Allen was recruited here as a cover corner who was asked to play safety because the staff couldn’t recruit dick at free safety.

He looks bigger now, Walters has likely let him know he needs to be devoted to tackling well and this defense should be much more like 2021.
hope your right, but I think he's a horrible tackler. It's like sayin if Morton played in a different O his shot would improve

Probably but the premise of the thread seems to be that we have no one who could get drafted next April. If everyone is healthy I think we have at least five returning players who COULD.

Hartwig
Miller
Lewis
Mockobee
Brevard

I’m anxious to see how Allen and OC Brothers look. They’d have to test very well in addition to having redefining seasons to even have a chance.

But remember that Sydney brown was not thought of as someone who had any chance at the NFL when Walters arrived. In fact, I remember Isaac Zico making him look silly in 2019.
Forgot about Brothers. IF he can produce in Walters system, he seems like a guy who would put up good combine numbers and get himself drafted. Thought I remember hearing he had like a 40in vertical.

hope your right, but I think he's a horrible tackler. It's like sayin if Morton played in a different O his shot would improve
was he horrible in 2021 though. You guys seem to think that playing center field on the pass without any help and then coming up to make open field tackles is so easy. And I mean open field.. where if you make some contact.. other guys have a chance. If you completely miss, it’s a TD.

Again .. it’s something you ask Ed Reed to do..

English decided to run his scheme with everything on cam Allen. Cam Allen was good in 2021. He wasn’t that good.

But a lot of you have your people you like to bag on, which is fine.. until bagging on Eric Miller, who actually always wasn’t good.. gets people all riled up.

Forgot about Brothers. IF he can produce in Walters system, he seems like a guy who would put up good combine numbers and get himself drafted. Thought I remember hearing he had like a 40in vertical.
He’s athletic. After taking in the entire brohm era, I’m pretty sure the only coaches who were worth much on defense were lambert and hagen. No other coach would be offered a spot on Walters staff

Reactions: ImRonBurgandy?
How is Broc Thompson's recovery going? He was showing a lot of potential before getting hurt last year.

I'd guess that at least one OL gets drafted and if our tight ends develop, we have a chance to see one of them get drafted.

It will also be interesting to see what Walters can do with our talent on D. Recall that no one would have predicted that a lot of the guys Coletto recruited would play in the NFL, but Tiller, Spack, and others developed them into good players.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT