ADVERTISEMENT

Purdue -10.5

Nov 19, 2020
Purdue opened at -10.5 on FanDuel... is it just me or does anyone else wanna lay the points? I’m feeling confident Brohm has the boys ready to go against Rutgers off a tough loss to Michigan in 3OT.

Reactions: Lifetimeboiler
Purdue opened at -10.5 on FanDuel... is it just me or does anyone else wanna lay the points? I’m feeling confident Brohm has the boys ready to go against Rutgers off a tough loss to Michigan in 3OT.

Rutgers is a lot better than I thought they were a couple weeks ago

Seems pretty high. I was expecting something in the 3-6 range. We'll see what happens during the week but for now I'm going to go with the idea that there's a reason why it's what it is.

I want to but with how it always seems we start games with our defense still asleep, I’m not going to touch that line. 3-6 points and I’d hammer it.

Rutgers just got beat by the worst Michigan team possibly in their history. Michigan spotted them 17 -0 before they finally made a QB change. Took 7 turnovers to beat MSU. Purdue puts up over 40 this week and wins going away.

Reactions: LCAS
I think Purdue plays angry this week and wins by 20. The team seemed a little flat the last 2 weeks, and while they had a chance to win both games, I think the teams with better energy out of the gate won. That screw job in Minnesota might have lit a fire....Purdue wins the next 2 and anything can happen in a rivalry game against IU.

Reactions: JRowdy20
2 reasons I am leery about that line:
(1) Our defense will give up >20 points to anyone, automatic
(2) Weather/field conditions. This time of year can be a leveling factor. I don’t see a track meet breaking out, which combined with #1 should keep our scoring in check and the game fairly close.

I think Purdue plays angry this week and wins by 20. The team seemed a little flat the last 2 weeks, and while they had a chance to win both games, I think the teams with better energy out of the gate won. That screw job in Minnesota might have lit a fire....Purdue wins the next 2 and anything can happen in a rivalry game against IU.

You don’t think enough of what schiano is doing there

Reactions: wakeman2626
I would probably do a Rutgers money line. They are better on the oline and dline and are going to gash us in the running game all night

I would probably do a Rutgers money line. They are better on the oline and dline and are going to gash us in the running game all night
We have already faced two of the better lines in the BIG ( Iowa and Minnesota ). I think defense shows better and our offense moves it up and down the field

Rutgers just got beat by the worst Michigan team possibly in their history. Michigan spotted them 17 -0 before they finally made a QB change. Took 7 turnovers to beat MSU. Purdue puts up over 40 this week and wins going away.
Agree with this. People are down on this team and that is fine, but let's also keep in mind that NW is now ranked 11 and we played it very close and had every chance to win. Minny we got uber screwed at the end or would of won that as well

My point is you need to take this team with a logical perspective, there are areas to improve on but also we are not as bad as some think on here. Not by a long shot.

With Rondale back this opens a lot of things up and makes us extremely hard to defend no matter who the QB is. The defense has shown it can stop the run, sorta and I think will adjust.

Agree with this. People are down on this team and that is fine, but let's also keep in mind that NW is now ranked 11 and we played it very close and had every chance to win. Minny we got uber screwed at the end or would of won that as well

My point is you need to take this team with a logical perspective, there are areas to improve on but also we are not as bad as some think on here. Not by a long shot.

With Rondale back this opens a lot of things up and makes us extremely hard to defend no matter who the QB is. The defense has shown it can stop the run, sorta and I think will adjust.
Rondale being back does open up other players to make plays. Let’s hope they get that opportunity and not just force too many calls for Rondale.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT