ADVERTISEMENT

Proud of these boys

A bunch of freshmen and walk on’s took IUs greatest team of this generation to double overtime

Already looking forward to 12/18 and spring ball
So proud of the effort today. Horvath looked like Alstott many times in the game. O’Connell had a fantastic game especially on the last td to Bell. What a throw with pressure.

Reactions: Tommaker
Hopkins is really the only good player that's not returning next year. I expect 7-8 wins next year, and hopefully more in 21.

Hopefully, I have the reputation as a reasonable opponent poster.

Great game. Of course I say that, but seriously, I mean it.

You guys are very impressive. Brohm is very impressive. Bell is, well, ridiculously good. And I am so glad Hopkins is headed to the NFL.

The future is bright for Purdue football. And I think there will be many great bucket games in the future.

Purdue won’t be this young or this injured for a long time. This was the year for IU, expect the bucket to come back to Purdue for the years to come.

I’m proud of these guys effort in the face of adversity this year. While no one likes to lose, I do think the experience gained by these young players will pay dividends and create depth for next season and beyond.
Losing Sindelar, Moore and Bailey is so huge for a team like Purdue where the majority of the best players are freshmen or redshirt freshmen. We are not Alabama, Clemson, LSU, etc where you have 4 and 5 star players on the bench to replace injured players. I almost guarantee that if Rondale played all season we would be in a bowl. He is such a valuable and talented guy that just having him in there requires so much attention that it opens up stuff for other guys.

I feel like a win today, while nice, could have had caused some complacency heading into the off season. Some guys might have felt pretty content with 5-7 and beating IU. I don’t think that’s the predominant culture, but 4-8 and losing the bucket should be that much more motivating in the weight room and in the film room.

Hopefully, I have the reputation as a reasonable opponent poster.

Great game. Of course I say that, but seriously, I mean it.

You guys are very impressive. Brohm is very impressive. Bell is, well, ridiculously good. And I am so glad Hopkins is headed to the NFL.

The future is bright for Purdue football. And I think there will be many great bucket games in the future.

You’re one of the good posters no doubt. Was a hell of a game. Kudos to you guys.

So were our two kickers and a lineman. So quit making excuses. Good teams have depth. IU is just as young as Purdue.

Actually Purdue is younger. Compare the “depth” Allen inherited versus the “depth” Brohm inherited. It ain’t even close and the majority of the upperclassmen who were legit for Purdue, missed a lot of time this year due to injuries.

So were our two kickers and a lineman. So quit making excuses. Good teams have depth. IU is just as young as Purdue.

It is very common for kickers to walk-on. I would say most do without looking at the numbers. But I am sure you can see the difference between walking on as a kicker vs a running back and QB.

Kudos to the offensive line. They did very well today and improved a ton as the season wore on. Have to be very optimistic for this group next year.

I’m proud of these guys effort in the face of adversity this year. While no one likes to lose, I do think the experience gained by these young players will pay dividends and create depth for next season and beyond.
Losing Sindelar, Moore and Bailey is so huge for a team like Purdue where the majority of the best players are freshmen or redshirt freshmen. We are not Alabama, Clemson, LSU, etc where you have 4 and 5 star players on the bench to replace injured players. I almost guarantee that if Rondale played all season we would be in a bowl. He is such a valuable and talented guy that just having him in there requires so much attention that it opens up stuff for other guys.

enjoy the off season

enjoy the off season
I will no doubt. Luckily my happiness in life isn’t tied to how many wins my teams get like a lot of you IU fans. That said, my old high school Western Boone just won their second straight 2A title in football today. 29-1 last two seasons with only loss by one earlier this year. So there’s that. Boiler Up!

our QB was a walk on you complete Dolt, and our Fourth String QB to boot. One of our lineman was a walk on. Our RB was a walk on. Bit of a difference. Also, our best DE was a true freshman. Our best WR was a true freshman. The other RB was a true freshman. Everyone has injuries, true. But to claim IU had anything close to Purdue is stupid.

A bunch of freshmen and walk on’s took IUs greatest team of this generation to double overtime

Already looking forward to 12/18 and spring ball

It's pretty amazing what IU accomplished this year, given that they are in the same division as Penn State, Ohio State Michigan State and Michigan.

Hopefully, Purdue will be the one who is bowl eligible prior to the bucket game next year.

But, what Allen accomplished this year at IU was impressive.

It's pretty amazing what IU accomplished this year, given that they are in the same division as Penn State, Ohio State Michigan State and Michigan.

Hopefully, Purdue will be the one who is bowl eligible prior to the bucket game next year.

On it's face 8 wins sounds impressive, but when you look further into those 8 wins it's nothing special at all. You say it's impressive what they did with those other teams in their division, yet they literally lost to every single one you listed. I don't think they beat a single team with a winning record either.

Reactions: jindy

They beat nobody worth much. They caught a huge break with their Big Ten west opponents all being down, and have bad Maryland and terrible Rutgers in their division. Add that to a high school level non-conference schedule and you've got a record equal to pyrite (fool's gold).

They beat nobody worth much. They caught a huge break with their Big Ten west opponents all being down, and have bad Maryland and terrible Rutgers in their division. Add that to a high school level non-conference schedule and you've got a record equal to pyrite (fool's gold).
Eastern Illinois
Ball state
Connecticut
Rutgers
Maryland
Nebraska
Northwestern
Purdue

Those are their wins. Maybe nebraska is their best win? I mean you have to give them credit for beating the teams they did, but it's not much since all those teams stink.

Eastern Illinois
Ball state
Connecticut
Rutgers
Maryland
Nebraska
Northwestern
Purdue

Those are their wins. Maybe nebraska is their best win? I mean you have to give them credit for beating the teams they did, but it's not much since all those teams stink.

The combined conference record of the teams they beat is 13 & 56 (8 & 37 in the Big Ten). Purdue and Nebraska each finished 3 & 6 to account for the majority of their Big Ten opponent's victories. They beat no one who finished with a winning record, either in conference or overall. Good record, but built entirely on a very weak schedule.

The combined conference record of the teams they beat is 13 & 56 (8 & 37 in the Big Ten). Purdue and Nebraska each finished 3 & 6 to account for the majority of their Big Ten opponent's victories. They beat no one who finished with a winning record, either in conference or overall. Good record, but built entirely on a very weak schedule.
They still have yet to even beat one of osu, um, and psu even once the entire time they've been in the west! And im pretty sure they've only beat msu once during one of their down years.

But ya, i knew all the teams they beat were bad, just didn't realize it was as bad as what you posted. We have the better coach and are getting much better recruits as well, not worried at all about iu.

IU won’t be able to keep it within 3 touchdowns next year. The series will get back to normal with Purdue blowouts. If they could barely get by an incredibly young and injury depleted team, the freshmen won’t be freshmen next year, IU will have no chance.

A red kangaroo at birth is approximately 1.5 inches long. That is as correct as your post and equally irrelevant to the discussion at hand.

The simple fact remains that IU never defeated a team with a winning record. IU will go to a bowl. They will get a chance to get that win. We will see if they do.

If anything, the bowl that they go to should be called the Schedule Bowl.

Who does IU lose next year? OL I assume will take a hit they have been very impressive along with your OC.

Who does IU lose next year? OL I assume will take a hit they have been very impressive along with your OC.

IU started 4 seniors on offense in the bucket game. 3 on the o-line and Westbrook at receiver. 2 seniors started on the defense, Jones at LB and Bryant at safety.

IU won’t be able to keep it within 3 touchdowns next year. The series will get back to normal with Purdue blowouts. If they could barely get by an incredibly young and injury depleted team, the freshmen won’t be freshmen next year, IU will have no chance.

No chance - really? IU has a lot of young players as well. Next year's game will be highly competitive just like this year's game.

No chance - really? IU has a lot of young players as well. Next year's game will be highly competitive just like this year's game.
If Purdue is relatively healthy, IU will be lucky to keep it within 3 TD’s.

If Purdue is relatively healthy, IU will be lucky to keep it within 3 TD’s.

I think a reasonable fan from either side that has watched bucket games for decades would know that is an outlandish statement to make. I have seen blowouts and upsets that would not have been predicted. Close games also.

Brohm is a good coach and your skills guys especially will be tough to hold down. That said who knows how either of your lines will be next year. Karlaftis is going to wreak havoc on teams for at least the next two years if healthy.

We lose three offensive lineman but could possibly have a better line if Cronk decides to come back and others on the depth chart continue their development.

Health on the 12th game especially can play a part in teams play and both teams should have a higher quality of depth next year.

I guess we will have to wait until after Thanksgiving 2020 to know the answer.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT