ADVERTISEMENT

Preseason BPI

that's a SHOCKER !!!! a Wichita St SHOCKER !!!

I'm kind of surprised Purdue is rated as high as it is. typically, ESPN doesn't really like Purdue.

Something not in the Shocker's favor is their move to a new conference outside the friendly MVC. I'm not saying they can't handle it, but conference moves always create a few issues and upsets as teams get adjusted to new arenas, teams and refs.

I did see this before, they do return everybody pretty much. Have to say so we do too, I get it is Biggie that we lost, but I think this senior led team is going to jump up and change some talking heads opinion. But that is yet to be seen.

that's a SHOCKER !!!! a Wichita St SHOCKER !!!

I'm kind of surprised Purdue is rated as high as it is. typically, ESPN doesn't really like Purdue.

Something not in the Shocker's favor is their move to a new conference outside the friendly MVC. I'm not saying they can't handle it, but conference moves always create a few issues and upsets as teams get adjusted to new arenas, teams and refs.

ESPN doesn't really like Purdue but the numbers in the BPI typically do. My memory is short in this but I think Purdue typically has a higher rank in the BPI than RPI and your AP/Coaches rankings.

ESPN doesn't really like Purdue but the numbers in the BPI typically do. My memory is short in this but I think Purdue typically has a higher rank in the BPI than RPI and your AP/Coaches rankings.

Pretty sure ESPN left Purdue out of their way to early top 25 after the tournament last year. So it is more than a little amusing that their metric system thinks otherwise.

Reactions: Dakota Girl
Do people still care what ESPN thinks?

Quit watching those talking heads about 6 years ago.....

Bilas was ok but now he is turning into a marketing homer of himself.
I mentioned this a few years ago. I hate watching ESPN because they have made it all about their announcers. Instead of focusing on the sporting event, they want us to pay attention to their network "stars".

With all the negative feedback ESPN received from Chris Berman's last 10 years, they then went even more in that blowhard loud mouth argumentative talking head direction and further drove away viewership. I only watch ESPN for games that are only shown on their channels. Crying shame because back in 1980, it was the greatest thing ever.

Reactions: BoilerAndy
With all the negative feedback ESPN received from Chris Berman's last 10 years, they then went even more in that blowhard loud mouth argumentative talking head direction and further drove away viewership. I only watch ESPN for games that are only shown on their channels. Crying shame because back in 1980, it was the greatest thing ever.
I'd spend hours in the early 80s watching CFL and Australian Rules football games. Good stuff.

OT, but when are the brackets supposed to be set?

I've looked on the Battle 4 Atlantis site and still no updates. It only lists the eight teams that will be in it (Purdue, Western Kentucky, Villanova, Arizona, North Carolina State, Tennessee, SMU, and Northern Iowa).

http://www.atlantisbahamas.com/b4a

Can't wait for it to be posted. Would be nice to get some early key wins and show everybody Purdue will not be taking a step back.

Reactions: nagemj02
Do people still care what ESPN thinks?

Quit watching those talking heads about 6 years ago.....

Bilas was ok but now he is turning into a marketing homer of himself.
You've missed alot of Purdue games then.

Speaking of Atlantis, did they already release the packages to JPC? Might be worth dragging the parents down there so I don't have to cook...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT