ADVERTISEMENT

Prediction for Saturday

You really think we sell out the stadium again coming off a 1-11 or 2-10 year. No chance in hell. Do the math. 20k tickets. 80 a pop on average. 7 home games.

You really can’t be this dense, can you?

With that kind of money at stake it’s business …not personal!
Are season tickets really 80 a pop?

I don’t think I’m really being dense by saying I don’t think he gets fired even if it makes sense to do so.

Reactions: Riveting
There’s about 3x his buyout in ticket revenue at stake.

If he goes 2-10 at best they can’t afford NOT to. Pays for this coach and the next. With regression, it’s an absolute no brainer.
lol. You need to look into how ticket revenue is distributed in the BIG.

just noticed that, guess I''ll miss seeing the game. I do sign up for B Ball season but not to watch subpar football. Even BTN's alternate channel doesn't have it listed. So they have an alternate channel but show the same game as the other channel
The BTN alternate channel doesn't have it listed because it's not on the BTN alternate channel. Or did I misunderstand what you're saying?

Reactions: pboiler18
Sometimes Peacock is shown on the regular NBC channel in Las Vegas. Hopefully it will be shown if we win, otherwise I hope not, to spare myself the agony.
NBC has the President's Cup all day Saturday. Even ND is only Peacock tomorrow.

Last edited:
I’m predicting 3 things. 1. A loss.
2. Certain posters on this board will be unhappy and become very defensive! Because that’s what happens after a loss.

3. Somebody will badmouth my posts. Even though they are on target!

We are at the maximum already so any dollar in the door beyond that is a dollar to us.

But OK…good try!
The plan is to also work with the university to open up more money for the athletic department with all the changes coming. That will help a ton as well.

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
Wasted on this coach!
Not at all. It is to help pay for revenue sharing that is going to be a thing regardless of who coaches what.

Glad you finally responded to me after claiming I’m dense for saying I don’t think Walter’s will get fired, even though my reasoning is pretty good. What if Walter’s turns it around and wins 4-5 this year? Still gonna want him fired?

Not at all. It is to help pay for revenue sharing that is going to be a thing regardless of who coaches what.

Glad you finally responded to me after claiming I’m dense for saying I don’t think Walter’s will get fired, even though my reasoning is pretty good. What if Walter’s turns it around and wins 4-5 this year? Still gonna want him fired?
Yes I’ll still want him gone but I’d agree we don’t get rid of him then.

1-11 or 2-10 you have to. Funny you think we’ll be favored in any game.

We have the chance to maybe win 2-3 of these and that’s with everything going right.

The fanbase has already mostly turned on him and 7-8 more bad losses is t going to help that.

Yes I’ll still want him gone but I’d agree we don’t get rid of him then.

1-11 or 2-10 you have to. Funny you think we’ll be favored in any game.

We have the chance to maybe win 2-3 of these and that’s with everything going right.

The fanbase has already mostly turned on him and 7-8 more bad losses is t going to help that.
Idk why it matters if Purdue is favored. I hope they aren’t and win 5 games. I make more money. Also glad you don’t think I’m dense for saying Walter’s won’t get fired.

You really think we sell out the stadium again coming off a 1-11 or 2-10 year. No chance in hell. Do the math. 20k tickets. 80 a pop on average. 7 home games.

You really can’t be this dense, can you?

With that kind of money at stake it’s business …not personal!
Hmmm....$11,200,000.....seems a buyout is in order.

Allegedly there is 3x ticket revenue at stake. You cannot prove this.

But again, there is zero evidence they will fire him. Zero. It might be a no brainer, but zero evidence.
And there won’t be any evidence that he’ll be fired until he’s fired.

Reactions: BoilerN
Besides there being too much at stake to let this program rot on the vine for 12 more months.
I’ve not denied that. But that doesn’t mean there is evidence Purdue will pull the plug after two years. Purdue being a school that has routinely held onto coaches too long. You are missing my point here, then calling me dense.

4. You need attention so will make everything about you.

Although this is a new tactic from you, you've gone and made a thread about you that doesn't even exist yet. Bravo.
5. Woleblab promises (once again) to leave the football forum and never return…but reneges (once again) to post self-centered Purdue-hating drivel.

I’m not saying that and never said that. Didn’t even imply it.
The evidence-

1. We suck
2. We have regressed.
3. 2023
4. A low buyout
5. 10+ Million dollars at stake in ticket sales in 2025 if we don’t move on

Just because Purdue has never fired a coach after 2 years before doesn’t mean they won’t do it here. Desperate times call for desperate measures. It’s a really bad time to let your coach be a lame duck for a year. We’ll lose guys to transfer after this year and then lose more when they finally do move on from Walters if they let him stay. College football is different now. Time to stem the tide now vs later.

You’re stuck in 2012 and 2016. It’s 2024, and this is now almost a 9 figure business. A prudent AD wouldn’t let that be threatened.

The evidence-

1. We suck
2. We have regressed.
3. 2023
4. A low buyout
5. 10+ Million dollars at stake in ticket sales in 2025 if we don’t move on

Just because Purdue has never fired a coach after 2 years before doesn’t mean they won’t do it here. Desperate times call for desperate measures. It’s a really bad time to let your coach be a lame duck for a year. We’ll lose guys to transfer after this year and then lose more when they finally do move on from Walters if they let him stay. College football is different now. Time to stem the tide now vs later.

You’re stuck in 2012 and 2016. It’s 2024, and this is now almost a 9 figure business. A prudent AD wouldn’t let that be threatened.
I’m not stuck anywhere. I’ve literally said I agree with you on reasons why he should be fired…. Talk about calling me dense…. Lol

I don’t think Purdue will fire him and I’ve yet to see any evidence that they don’t wait too long to fire coaches. Under the current administration, we saw it with Hazell and Versyp. I’m sure there are non major sports as well. Softball I think? What evidence is there that this AD will? NONE.

I’m not stuck anywhere. I’ve literally said I agree with you on reasons why he should be fired…. Talk about calling me dense…. Lol

I don’t think Purdue will fire him and I’ve yet to see any evidence that they don’t wait too long to fire coaches. Under the current administration, we saw it with Hazell and Versyp. I’m sure there are non major sports as well. Softball I think? What evidence is there that this AD will? NONE.
A bit revisionist. Mbob was hired in August 2016. They fired Hazell in October after it was clear it was over for him.

There’s nothing that says THiS AD waits too long to fire a football coach.

Agree Versyp was allowed to stay too long but again that was years ago and wasn’t for the cash cow program.

Accept it. Walters is done here.

A bit revisionist. Mbob was hired in August 2016. They fired Hazell in October after it was clear it was over for him.

There’s nothing that says THiS AD waits too long to fire a football coach.

Agree Versyp was allowed to stay too long but again that was years ago and wasn’t for the cash cow program.

Accept it. Walters is done here.
Thought bobinski was hired in 15. Sorry.

Am I not accepting it? I’m literally just saying I’ll believe it when I see it because the Purdue athletic department is proactive about nothing. And you cannot accept that answer. Yet you call me dense.

Am I not accepting it? I’m literally just saying I’ll believe it when I see it because the Purdue athletic department is proactive about nothing. And you cannot accept that answer. Yet you call me dense.
I can’t accept they’ll ignore that their cash cow is DOA. If they let the rot fester they’ll reap what they would be choosing to sow.

Judging by Nebraska fan attendance many have already sold their season tickets and found somehh to hang better to do on Saturdays. 8 more weekends of this crap there won’t be anybody left on the sinking ship.

I can’t accept they’ll ignore that their cash cow is DOA. If they let the rot fester they’ll reap what they would be choosing to sow.

Judging by Nebraska fan attendance many have already sold their season tickets and found somehh to hang better to do on Saturdays. 8 more weekends of this crap there won’t be anybody left on the sinking ship.
That’s fine that you can’t accept it. But that doesn’t mean what I’m saying is wrong….

Idk. Nebraska always travels. But they just announced Northwestern as a sell out. Can’t imagine Northwestern is bringing a big crowd.

We’ve never been behind 17 other programs in our own conference before. This is uncharted territory.

Reactions: pboiler18
We’ve never been behind 17 other programs in our own conference before. This is uncharted territory.
Yes. I agree. But until this Athletic Department proves they will do something proactively, why should we believe they will?

And please don’t list a bunch of reasons why they should like I’m saying they shouldn’t…

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT