ADVERTISEMENT

Pre-game notes ...

KODK

All-American
Nov 9, 2004
• Don't usually talk about lines much, but the movement in this game is interesting, has gone from Oklahoma -2 to Purdue -1.5. For an 11/6 game in the women's tournament, it's unusual - I'd have to think - for the lower seed to be a favorite.

Not sure what that means for the game itself. As I wrote yesterday, I think Purdue needs to show early that it can neutralize the OK interior, so we'll see how quickly the Boilermakers want to double. Could the Boilermakers mix in some zone? Possible.

Nora Kiesler could play a big part of this game. Purdue will start with Torrie Thornton, undersized, in the post; we'll have to see whether she can push Williams and Pierre-Louis out enough to have success. I thought Bree Horrocks was great in the first half vs. Michigan State, then sorta disappeared in the second, leading the Spartans to dominate inside.

• Official tip is 1:40 p.m.

• I want an "Always Reppin'" Robert Morris shooting shirt for Christmas.

• Same lineup today: Wilson, Morrissette, Keys, Perry, Thornton.

Versyp said Keys (tailbone) was 100 percent a couple days ago. Not sure that's entirely true. She still looks a little sore to me. Quickness isn't necessarily her strength, so she needs all she has.

• Have to wonder if Wilson has a chip on her in this matchup with Gabbi Ortiz. Purdue was recruiting the highly sought-after PG when Wilson was a sophomore and knowing Wilson's personality, she might want to show Ortiz who is the better of the two.

Nice to see us make it in to the NCAAs but yipes, I felt sorry for the ladies as Oklahoma was better by a lot. We are just not a very good shooting team.

Yep didn't see anything but it looked to have been over in the first quarter and obviously their D crushed us. Sherri Coale is one of the best coaches in the country so now Okla got to knock us out twice. I think we will be about the same next year as this year if we can replace what Wilson gave us. But that is a big if and PG is so important in BB that a weakness there could make us to worse. Predict another winning team but not anything particularly special. Hope it is better than I project.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT