ADVERTISEMENT

Practice Cancelled...

HarrysPostGame13

True Freshman
May 15, 2020
Just read that Purdue has called off practice today due to recent COVID Testing...

Here we go again...

Well, Michigan just cleared the path. Might as well follow suit.

Maybe OSU and IU can rematch for the East division crown?

Reactions: DAG10
Without jumping the gun on this TOO much, what are the odds that we (or any team) go from team activities being suspended on a Tuesday to a game being played that Saturday? Has that happened before? Without any further information, I'd say there's <1% chance the game is played.

Well, Michigan just cleared the path. Might as well follow suit.

Maybe OSU and IU can rematch for the East division crown?
That could be fitting I guess to end this season without playing for the Old Oaken Bucket...seems about right actually with everything else that has happened in 2020, and, this season for that matter, especially for Purdue.

That could be fitting I guess to end this season without playing for the Old Oaken Bucket...seems about right actually with everything else that has happened in 2020, and, this season for that matter, especially for Purdue.

Thats IUs best chance I think. As stated before they will still try to get OSU in the playoff I’m sure.

We should play even if we are down to 11. That is the Purdue way.

In fact, even if we need to use a member of the woman's soccer team to kickoff.

I’m free on Saturday and had COVID not long ago so I should be good to go. I’d be down to suit up.

My guess is that means the game will be cancelled this weekend due to COVID.

actually historically, the purdue way was to find ways to cheat to win. in the old days they went to the boiler factories to find players for their football team. I doubt those players even went to classes. and we became so dominant with those non-students, that other colleges like Wabash mocked us and called us the Boilermakers. But we were too ignorant and took their insults as compliments. I'm confident purdue will do the right thing and bow down to the $$$$$$$$ and play the game.

actually historically, the purdue way was to find ways to cheat to win. in the old days they went to the boiler factories to find players for their football team. I doubt those players even went to classes. and we became so dominant with those non-students, that other colleges like Wabash mocked us and called us the Boilermakers. But we were too ignorant and took their insults as compliments. I'm confident purdue will do the right thing and bow down to the $$$$$$$$ and play the game.
Thanks for the bizarrely irrelevant historical commentary. Maybe you should put a lid on the day.

Bowing to the $$$ would mean to cancel so tosu can play on Sat, obviously.

Thanks for the bizarrely irrelevant historical commentary. Maybe you should put a lid on the day.

Bowing to the $$$ would mean to cancel so tosu can play on Sat, obviously.
maybe you should take 30 minutes to do some research about the history of Purdue. Does Tomahawk or Reimers Clubs still exist? my guess is you were not part of either fraternity.

Unfortunately I guess taking time out to study the history of Purdue probably wouldn't appeal to a person of your important stature and daily demands.

FYI, Purdue use to be called indiana Agricultural and Mechanical University - sort of like Texas A&M. John Purdue didn't like that name. So when he gave Purdue both land and $$$$, he made the demand that they change the name to something much shorter. Just think if his last name was Redenbacher.

as for bowing to $$$$$ neither Michigan or OSU needs money. So they could care less if the game was played. Obviously Purdue did, so they played their game.

maybe you should take 30 minutes to do some research about the history of Purdue. Does Tomahawk or Reimers Clubs still exist? my guess is you were not part of either fraternity.

Unfortunately I guess taking time out to study the history of Purdue probably wouldn't appeal to a person of your important stature and daily demands.

FYI, Purdue use to be called indiana Agricultural and Mechanical University - sort of like Texas A&M. John Purdue didn't like that name. So when he gave Purdue both land and $$$$, he made the demand that they change the name to something much shorter. Just think if his last name was Redenbacher.

as for bowing to $$$$$ neither Michigan or OSU needs money. So they could care less if the game was played. Obviously Purdue did, so they played their game.
Does that somehow explain your first comment that the Purdue way is to cheat, or are you just backpedalling? Are you wearing clown pants by any chance?

PS, the big10 wants the money from the playoff, of course. Geez, you sound as dense as Coach Geese.

Reactions: purduepat1969
This could be interesting. In all honesty, I wouldn't be that upset if we "couldn't" play IU this year. :D

Didn’t know the game was already played since it’s December 8 and the Purdue /IU game is December 12th. We get it you don’t like Jeff Brohm and really don’t like Purdue very much. I’m sorry that your life is so bad that coming on here bashing Purdue all the time is what you do to make your life seem better. You think taking about a 1869 Name change is relevant on a football forum ?

For someone that has a son that participated and coached In a non /revenue sport (track) you should know how things work. The more football/ basketball money that these Universities lose the more it hurts these Athletic programs. And I’ll tell you what one of the first sports to go will be - Men’s Track and Field. Shoot Iowa has already cut both men and women’s swimming. And they have one of nicest facilities in the country. There are going to be more non revenue sports cut. It’s sad , but a lot of money is being lost and more will be lost. You do understand that is takes money to run an athletic department ? You think you’d be proud that Purdue is one of the few self funded athletic programs in the country , but I guess not.

Indiana now getting in on the action, pausing their team activities. This likely prevents the Big Ten from forcing them to play OSU on Saturday. OSU still stuck on 5 games. Ryan Day lobbying for a tweak to the rule. Your move, Commish.

Reactions: DAG10

wow.

Just... wow.

In the past we've had our differences... our different points of view. Sometimes I've "poked the bear" because of our differences, other times I've been stupefied by your seemingly ignorant screeds.

That, Mister Bigelow, was an absolute sh*t post. What an absolutely stupid thing to write.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT