ADVERTISEMENT

POTFH

bonefish1

All-American
Oct 4, 2004
POTFH. That's the way most of us put it, just matter of factly. They are plain words, those five: you could write them on your thumbnail, or sweep them across this grey November sky. But remember too, that they are more than just words. They are a way of life. So whenever you speak them, speak them firmly, speak them proudly, speak them gratefully. POTFH.

Purdue should let it all hang out next Saturday. Their is nothing to loose. Take chances especially on ST's. Who knows? They may actually win.

I have not been a big fan of the B1G moving the last game to the weekend after Thanksgiving. Many students are away from campus and attendance will be down. What can result is a home field disadvantage. May not be a factor in big games like UM / OSU but for Purdue / IU, more than likely.

For IU, they have been in this situation before. Last game of the season. A win will get them into a bowl game. It worked before against Purdue the last 5 years and it should work again, right? After all this is a bad Purdue team and IU should win. Right?

The seeds of an upset are being sown.

I don't care about IU going to a bowl game, I want to see the seniors of Purdue go out on a high note, they deserve it more than anyone .

Reactions: TMA62
I think most iu fans sense that this year is the end of their run in the Bucket games. If MBob makes the right hire, PU will be back to dominating iu like it should be.

While it's unlikely, if Purdue plays well and iu gives us a couple gifts on Sat, we could pull the 'upset' (since when is Purdue beating iu and 'upset')?

I think most iu fans sense that this year is the end of their run in the Bucket games. If MBob makes the right hire, PU will be back to dominating iu like it should be.

While it's unlikely, if Purdue plays well and iu gives us a couple gifts on Sat, we could pull the 'upset' (since when is Purdue beating iu and 'upset')?
What? Why would we sense that? I have no idea who you are going to hire. And whoever it is is going to have to drastically upgrade the talent.

I say this acknowledging that you could very well beat us this weekend. But why would you start instantly dominating anybody in the first year of a new coach? I'm not saying this as an insult...he's going to have to really change things.

I've lived with POTFH as a daily mantra for over 40 years. That being said I don't see any way in hell that this game will be a win for us. Darrell stuck the fork in us the day he stepped on campus.

can't see them losing, it's a must win for them and the refs will give them any close calls because the more BIG10 teams in the bowls = more $.
Your reasoning is sound and likely to happen. I'm just coming from the hope side of the upset. We don't have a Rod Woodson on our team like the 1986 upset special.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT