ADVERTISEMENT

Portal exodus

Jan 23, 2016
Guessing there’s going to be a large number of portal entries from this team this year. Do you think these kids realize they’re going to be seen giving up on the field when other coaches watch them on game tape and get passed over because of it?

my guess is that very few who leave will go to schools that are any better than their current situation. I can't see an OSU orMichigan or oregon signing any Purdue player. there may be 1-3 players that find a decent new home, but the vast majority won't.

Reactions: Boiler8285
my guess is that very few who leave will go to schools that are any better than their current situation. I can't see an OSU orMichigan or oregon signing any Purdue player. there may be 1-3 players that find a decent new home, but the vast majority won't.
more schools like W. Mich or S. Ala. etc

Reactions: ImRonBurgandy?
You think that all kids entering the portal are doing the smart thing?
I've seen a lot of kids entering the portal thinking they are making smart decisions only to have them blow up in their face. I've seen many players declare for the portal only to find nobody really wanted them. and then they sign with the first offer to save face. I thought the decisions of Haarms and Eastern to leave purdue were both stupid decisions. some of the players who left Purdue's football team last year landed in a good situation, but many didn't. Did Card make a good decision coming to Purdue ? Did those two Georgia Wrs make a smart decision coming to Purdue ? I believe Gillis made a smart decision. Did Hunter and IT ? Did Ewers make a smart decision transferring to Texas?

I look at basketball player Pack. he took the money to play at Miami instead of transferring to Purdue. Did going to Miami bring him a championship or help his NBA draft stock ? If he had transferred to Purdue would he have been drafted by the NBA ? Would he have had a better NCAA career?

Players always think someplace else is better. But the facts are that very few players transfer to a better situation than they already had. there are many examples of success stories. But nobody ever discusses the failures. So how did IT and Hunter end up doing ? where is WR wright today ? we talk about the Purdue WR that went to Oklahoma. What happened to the other 2 wide receivers that left I'm not seeing their names in the headlines.

I've seen a lot of kids entering the portal thinking they are making smart decisions only to have them blow up in their face. I've seen many players declare for the portal only to find nobody really wanted them. and then they sign with the first offer to save face. I thought the decisions of Haarms and Eastern to leave purdue were both stupid decisions. some of the players who left Purdue's football team last year landed in a good situation, but many didn't. Did Card make a good decision coming to Purdue ? Did those two Georgia Wrs make a smart decision coming to Purdue ? I believe Gillis made a smart decision. Did Hunter and IT ? Did Ewers make a smart decision transferring to Texas?

I look at basketball player Pack. he took the money to play at Miami instead of transferring to Purdue. Did going to Miami bring him a championship or help his NBA draft stock ? If he had transferred to Purdue would he have been drafted by the NBA ? Would he have had a better NCAA career?

Players always think someplace else is better. But the facts are that very few players transfer to a better situation than they already had. there are many examples of success stories. But nobody ever discusses the failures. So how did IT and Hunter end up doing ? where is WR wright today ? we talk about the Purdue WR that went to Oklahoma. What happened to the other 2 wide receivers that left I'm not seeing their names in the headlines.
My sophomore year at Purdue was not a great semester academically. My calculus grades were not the best. I could have transferred to Wisconsin. But I stuck it out and graduated.

I know a high jumper who won the NCAA championship at Ball State in 2023.. she decided to transfer to University of Kentucky the next year and never came close to matching her heights she consistently achieved at Ball State. her new coach changed her training and approach to jumping. Her team mate that stayed improved and became an All American in the heptathlon.

Last edited:
I know a high jumper who won the NCAA championship at Ball State in 2023.. she decided to transfer to University of Kentucky the next year and never came close to matching her heights she consistently achieved at Ball State. her new coach changed her training and approach to jumping. Her team mate that stayed improved and became an All American.
Fascinating story.

Fascinating story.
i know you don't believe me. You don't believe FACTS !!! Look it up . from first: https://flashresults.ncaa.com/Outdoor/2023/033-1_compiled.htm

to 12th https://www.flotrack.org/articles/1...field-championships-2024-results-on-final-day

and after going back to her old coach, she won the USA olympic trials but didn't qualify for the olympics because her heights during 2024 were not high enough. her coach also transferred. he moved on from Ball St to THE OSU in 2024. Regrets ? maybe a few.

maybe one day, you may learn and start taking my posts seriously. that day probably won't be today.

Last edited:

Please elaborate on ALL the transfers you’ve been closely watching. Thanks.

i know you don't believe me. You don't believe FACTS !!! Look it up . from first: https://flashresults.ncaa.com/Outdoor/2023/033-1_compiled.htm

to 12th https://www.flotrack.org/articles/1...field-championships-2024-results-on-final-day

and after going back to her old coach, she won the USA olympic trials but didn't qualify for the olympics because her heights during 2024 were not high enough. her coach also transferred. he moved on from Ball St to THE OSU in 2024. Regrets ? maybe a few.

maybe one day, you may learn and start taking my posts seriously. that day probably won't be today.
Bro. At first I thought you were just trying to spark conversation. I gave you the benefit of the doubt. But yet you literally are spewing nonsense that makes you a troll.

Reactions: FLAG HUNTER
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT