ADVERTISEMENT

Pocahontas admits...

hunkgolden

All-American
Gold Member
Dec 1, 2004
she's not native american. Was there anyone left who actually thought she was?

Link? I didn't see that was what she said.
Notwithstanding, her handling of the issue has been terrible.
Dude - google Senator Warren. It ain't that hard to find. Even CNN has stories on it.

I know she said she wasn't a tribal citizen. Obviously you don't know what that is. She did not say she had no native blood.They are not interchangeable terms.

I know she said she wasn't a tribal citizen. Obviously you don't know what that is. She did not say she had no native blood.They are not interchangeable terms.

So she is not Cherokee. And her NA blood may be anywhere from 1/64 to 1/1024.

Trump should stop calling her Pocahantas and start calling her Pinnochio.

And if one wants to split hairs like you just tried, without realizing it you gave a pass to everything Trump has ever said/tweeted/

Reactions: boilerjohn
So she is not Cherokee. And her NA blood may be anywhere from 1/64 to 1/1024.

Trump should stop calling her Pocahantas and start calling her Pinnochio.

And if one wants to split hairs like you just tried, without realizing it you gave a pass to everything Trump has ever said/tweeted/
I've never given her or him a pass. Quite the contrary.
I believe if you look back at my comments you may see that what I was directing myself toward was the refusal of people that detest her being unwilling to address what she actually said and did. They are intent on making the issue one thing when in reality it is something considerably different.

Trump's conduct is hers x100000 for offensiveness. I find him an abomination.

What I suppose I am addressing is the tendency that we all have, but the President has more than perhaps anyone that I have ever seen, to spout off about things we know little of and refuse to investigate coupled with the inability to be reasonably precise at addressing what actually was said rather than what we wish we were hearing.

That being said, her handling of the issue was silly, stupid and surprising for someone of her obvious intellect and access to information. He baited her and she bit without actually thinking it through carefully.

My children are card carrying actual members of the Cherokee Nation and proud of it. I have been around the issue of usurpation of Native identity since I met my late wife in 1969. You have no idea of the number of people who approach actual tribal members and say "I am part Cherokee. My grandpa used to tell me about his grandpa who said he was 1/4." It is extraordinarily common, and even moreso in Oklahoma where her family is located. Many of those people may very well have Native American blood but tribes actually are vested with the authority to define themselves. For instance, Cherokee citizenship requires actual proof of an ancestor being listed on the 1907 Dawes Final Roll which was a census of Cherokee in preparation for Oklahoma statehood and is not how much Cherokee blood one possesses. It is a geneological process.

Usurpation of tribal citizenship is one thing and claimimg native blood heritage is another. In the absence of pretty clear clarification that one is not claiming to be part of a tribe but merely stating reported family lore and/or some result from one of the generalized DNA produces of indigenous attributes, is wrong. It's offensive to Tribal members. It's common. It's misunderstood. But it isn't necessarily a lie either.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT