ADVERTISEMENT

Playing floor at Mackey Arena

rgarlitz

All-American
Jun 16, 2012
I can't believe I haven't noticed this before, but Purdue must change out the playing floor between men's and women's games. I guess that's so that there's no ambiguity on the restricted area and three point line? I'll have to pay attention during the B1G season to see if that's become common.

the women's line was moved back, same as men's line.
and this years floor is lighter/whiter tone

Last year vs. this year

Screenshot-20221229-195602.png

Screenshot-20221229-200644.png

I would rather it be solid Old Gold, but heck I also liked when they kept the majority of the lights on the floor....and you couldn't see the crowd as much (but you could still hear them).

In my day.......and we liked it!

dana-carvey-grumpy-old-man.gif
I like to feel warm in my old age 😀. Not the cold white tones of the Mackey floor.

Last year vs. this year

Thanks. Did not know the 3-point lines are now equal. The floor at UT-Martin, where I work, still has two 3-point lines and two separate restricted areas, but I'm sure they don't have the resources to change the floor every year. I guess I just don't follow things as closely as I once did.

Reactions: JeffBoiler
Thanks. Did not know the 3-point lines are now equal. The floor at UT-Martin, where I work, still has two 3-point lines and two separate restricted areas, but I'm sure they don't have the resources to change the floor every year. I guess I just don't follow things as closely as I once did.
News of change gets to NW TN a little after it does in other places.😉

Well, maybe, but I'm sure obliviousness on my part is also a factor.
Been to Martin a few times. A friend lived there and I was at house a couple of times in the summer for duck hunter's gatherings.First rime I was ever there was to take my daughter to an Alan Jackson and Randy Travis concert at UTM in 1991.

Reactions: rgarlitz

Last year vs. this year

Considering Purdue already uses gold, that two tone of yellow flooring looked terrible. The lighter tone looks way better.

Been to Martin a few times. A friend lived there and I was at house a couple of times in the summer for duck hunter's gatherings.First rime I was ever there was to take my daughter to an Alan Jackson and Randy Travis concert at UTM in 1991.
I came in 2008 fresh out of graduate school. It's a good university, but the town is way off the beaten path. 2+ hours to Memphis. 2.5 hours to Nashville. 3.5 hours to St. Louis. 5+ hours to Indy. You can take the Amtrak City of New Orleans to Chicago or New Orleans. The train is slower than driving, but it's surprisingly fun.

I came in 2008 fresh out of graduate school. It's a good university, but the town is way off the beaten path. 2+ hours to Memphis. 2.5 hours to Nashville. 3.5 hours to St. Louis. 5+ hours to Indy. You can take the Amtrak City of New Orleans to Chicago or New Orleans. The train is slower than driving, but it's surprisingly fun.

Been to Martin a few times, Memphis, Nashville, Knoxville, Chattanooga, Pigeon Forge, and many other parts of Tennessee.....interesting drives as well on I-24, I-40, and I-75, among others. Good times.

Happy New Year, folks!

Last edited:
Happy New Year, BGal.....hope all is well.
Hi Tex!! Thank you! And a prosperous New Year to you! This was a tough year for me so looking forward to a new one…Hope you are doing well…I ended up developing Late Onset RA this year! Shocked the Rheumatologist as that’s suppose to happen in one’s 50-60s. Leave it to me to find something about me that is 20 years younger than my age and it turns out to be my auto immune system🙈. But they are slowly getting it more under control so looking forward to New Year!!🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉.

Reactions: jasoaco
Hi Tex!! Thank you! And a prosperous New Year to you! This was a tough year for me so looking forward to a new one…Hope you are doing well…I ended up developing Late Onset RA this year! Shocked the Rheumatologist as that’s suppose to happen in one’s 50-60s. Leave it to me to find something about me that is 20 years younger than my age and it turns out to be my auto immune system🙈. But they are slowly getting it more under control so looking forward to New Year!!🎉🎉🎉🎉🎉.

My prayers and well wishes go out to you, BoilerGal74. Hopefully, the initial prognosis is an indicator for a full and healthy recovery and the medical field continues to find treatment solutions.

On the bright side, maybe the Boilers can continue this wonderful season and provide you with additional comfort and a pleasant distraction during your recuperation.

Best of luck, as always.

Best wishes to all in the coming year. BoilerGal, I feel your pain. Turned 70 in April. Had three nights in the hospital, repeated UTIs, prostate issues, knee issues and now up for surgery in early Feb 23. It can only get better.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT