ADVERTISEMENT

Pizza Review Mega Thread

IUhaterade

Senior
May 18, 2015
It was suggested that a new thread for pizza reviews be started instead of continuing to post in the Deep Dish thread that kept going back to insults.

So, @BCfanatic2020 and others… here is my first official review.

Man I really wanna try that place ..
@SDBoiler1 since I got back from New York (couldn’t make it to new haven) I haven’t even wanted pizza :/

How unfortunate you didn’t make it New Haven. Did you get your fill in NYC?
Yea .. John’s of bleecker, prince street and beddia in Philadelphia all better than any place in my native Chicago.. to me. Anxious to try new haven .. joe beddia told me he’d try Sally’s and zuppardis first

Yea .. John’s of bleecker, prince street and beddia in Philadelphia all better than any place in my native Chicago.. to me. Anxious to try new haven .. joe beddia told me he’d try Sally’s and zuppardis first

Sally’s is Portnoy’s favorite too

Original Sally’s and Zuppardi’s are both excellent. Frank Pepe’s (in NH) is superb. Some people really like Modern Apizza and Bar too.

Reactions: BCfanatic2020
Sally’s is Portnoy’s favorite too
Actually I think he talks it up a lot but of his real scores (rated his hometown place a ten as a joke) Pepe’s is tied for first with di fara as his only 9.4s. He gave John’s of bleecker a 9.3 then Sally’s a 9.2. There are fans of so many dipshit places in Chicago that got 7.5s and they think they are a 9.3.

like Flots favorite place Burt’s .. they can’t find 5 dudes who don’t hang out in Morton grove who even like that place lol

Actually I think he talks it up a lot but of his real scores (rated his hometown place a ten as a joke) Pepe’s is tied for first with di fara as his only 9.4s. He gave John’s of bleecker a 9.3 then Sally’s a 9.2. There are fans of so many dipshit places in Chicago that got 7.5s and they think they are a 9.3.

like Flots favorite place Burt’s .. they can’t find 5 dudes who don’t hang out in Morton grove who even like that place lol

Yeah but he literally says “Sally’s in New Haven is my favorite pizza ever” in several recent episodes. Can’t take the scores too literally- it’s a very loose system lol

Yeah but he literally says “Sally’s in New Haven is my favorite pizza ever” in several recent episodes. Can’t take the scores too literally- it’s a very loose system lol
Yup, no rhyme or reason to his scoring system. His neopolitan scoring is the absolute worst.

Oh yea I see what you’re saying … I can separate my favorite from the best .. I personally wanna try all four of the big dogs there

All this pizza talk.. You all must have fared better than me in the genetics lottery. I eat the stuff about once a month. Any more often and my arteries get viscous and my clothes don't fit.

All this pizza talk.. You all must have fared better than me in the genetics lottery. I eat the stuff about once a month. Any more often and my arteries get viscous and my clothes don't fit.
I work out 7 days a week and eat healthy 6 days a week… for a year and a half. I probably couldn’t do pizza more than once a week long term.

I typically have pancakes on Sunday morning, pizza for one meal and then one other thing. Yesterday I destroyed some fish n chips for lunch. If anyone has a great recommendation on that in the Chicago area please let me know

Reactions: Sophie1970
I work out 7 days a week and eat healthy 6 days a week… for a year and a half. I probably couldn’t do pizza more than once a week long term.

I typically have pancakes on Sunday morning, pizza for one meal and then one other thing. Yesterday I destroyed some fish n chips for lunch. If anyone has a great recommendation on that in the Chicago area please let me know

I feel like Irish pubs are a good bet

By the way for anyone living in the region … for my money the best pizza south side south suburbs is Palermo’s on 63rd st. They now have a location in merrillville.. extra sweet sauce.. very good. Check them out

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT