ADVERTISEMENT

Personal Fouls

They need to ban celebrating until the game is over, seriously. WTF are we doing out there cheering about stops we are making against EMU? These guys look like the just beat Bama the way they celebrate every play. We'll see how next year looks. Bright side is I doubt Brohm will have any suitors for a couple of years after this loss so hopefully he can right the ship in a year or two.

Both of the PF's were very weak, especially the one on Knox. The refs did EMU a lot of favors and us none. Yes, we played like crap, but if they call the game straight we win.

They need to ban celebrating until the game is over, seriously. WTF are we doing out there cheering about stops we are making against EMU? These guys look like the just beat Bama the way they celebrate every play. We'll see how next year looks. Bright side is I doubt Brohm will have any suitors for a couple of years after this loss so hopefully he can right the ship in a year or two.
Reminded me of a few years ago against CINN. Purdue celebrating hits in 1Q. Got blown out big time. Clearly think they are superior when they are not.

Reactions: nagemj02
Reminded me of a few years ago against CINN. Purdue celebrating hits in 1Q. Got blown out big time. Clearly think they are superior when they are not.
Yes, same. This shit is cringe-worthy when we see our players dancing around celebrating something so small and insignificant in week 2. It was cringe-worthy back in the Hazell era and it is cringe-worthy now. Focus on the next play, focus on the next possession, go to the sideline and ask your coach what you can do better the next time you are on the field. This team is so unfocused, anyone can see it plain as day.

They are celebrating because the game is supposed to be fun and they are having fun. Refs need to understand the situation. Ref could have walked over to Knox and said ok guys let's go - and it's over. And does the rule say ur not allowed to sit down on ground after scoring? That's an honest question. I thought it was a ridiculous call. Unless there is a specific rule that says u can not sit down on ur rear after scoring.

I also thought the other 15 yard penalty (later in game when we forced the 4th down) should NOT have been called. He sacked the QB and then pushed off him as he was standing up. This isn't dance class! It's football for crying out loud. If he did something to hurt the qb - then a flag is warranted. Not here.

And while I'm at it - last game - Neal was mid tackle when the whistle finally blew. Neal tried jerking the ball out as the guy was fallinh and the guy flopped like a professional soccer player. And again - the refs should not hand game away with that flag. It was meaningless "contact".

Sigh..............

They are celebrating because the game is supposed to be fun and they are having fun. Refs need to understand the situation. Ref could have walked over to Knox and said ok guys let's go - and it's over. And does the rule say ur not allowed to sit down on ground after scoring? That's an honest question. I thought it was a ridiculous call. Unless there is a specific rule that says u can not sit down on ur rear after scoring.

I also thought the other 15 yard penalty (later in game when we forced the 4th down) should NOT have been called. He sacked the QB and then pushed off him as he was standing up. This isn't dance class! It's football for crying out loud. If he did something to hurt the qb - then a flag is warranted. Not here.

And while I'm at it - last game - Neal was mid tackle when the whistle finally blew. Neal tried jerking the ball out as the guy was fallinh and the guy flopped like a professional soccer player. And again - the refs should not hand game away with that flag. It was meaningless "contact".

Sigh..............
The personal foul after the sack was the right call. But I agree with you the more I watched it the more I think he didn't do it on purpose.

One game? Are you kidding me. Purdue fans never cease to amaze me.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT