ADVERTISEMENT

Painter In recruiting and developing players

daisyrail1619

Gold Member
Feb 11, 2017
First of all, he’s a great coach, he develops players like nobody else. We need him and he loves Purdue.

Second, he shows his mediocrity mainly in recruiting battles because he’s being too honest to them. Being honest is great, especially when everyone else is cheating and you still get a good team out of clean recruiting. But somehow he’s too honest and recruits get frustrated when Painter being too honest to them. In any school, either K-12 or college, teachers are supposed to encourage students to learn so that they get better grades. Painter has to encourage his recruits and show his support, instead of telling them too much about getting benched if you don’t play well. There are some teams that are clean and somehow still ****ing good, we just lost to one by 19 today.

My professor always told me that college students work better with old guys, either old professors or old colleagues, because they have nothing to lose and they always see students as their grandchildren. So they put a lot of expectations on them and keep encouraging them to learn and develop and the results are usually positive. That’s the difference between Painter and Beilein. Beilein has nothing to lose and he’s coaching like a grandpa encouraging his grandkids playing at their best. Think about our locker rooms when we beat Iowa State and Michigan beat Louisville, we almost did not celebrate at all and Beilein’s locker room was a blast. If you are a high school recruit, which locker room you would like to be in? He got his guys fired up and celebrating the win they worked hard to get because they deserved it. I don’t mean we didn’t deserve it but I would love to celebrate a little bit more to encourage our team. Painter is still in his 40s going into his 50s so you cannot really compare them because I would call Beilein grandpa. Painter still has teenagers living in his house meanwhile Beilein’s house is empty. Being a college coach while having kids in puberty is hard because your emotions towards your kids would affect you at work.

Sometimes I think Painter is too quiet and his quietness goes into the team as well. We need leadership on this team and u can really not have leadership when everyone being too quiet. Especially our two seniors, little leadership from them. I don’t blame them because one is a walk-on and another one had been quiet in his first three years, it’s a huge step for Cline to take on the role. Painter needs to bond his players himself instead of treating them like they are his teenager kids. All parents struggle when their kids walking into puberty and the hard relationship will be gone once their kids left their houses. Painter is a teenager parent as well, he must have had headache taking care of them and he also doesn’t wanna spoil them. Beilein has nothing to lose because he is old and he wants to be young again so he bonds with his players well like his grandkids. I found I get along with my grandparents incredibly well because they want to see my smiles everyday, they want me to be happy. So is Beilein that’s why his players are bonded really well because Beilein joins in them. Maybe it’s different character but I do wish that Painter can laugh more, get himself loose at work. He will be a lot better when all his kids are out of his house and starting to be a grandpa. Unfortunately his youngest is only 14 and we still need to wait for at least another 4 years to vacate his house. I think family matters, he just got married and his new wife will be helping him taking care of his kids and sharing his loads. I understand in the past few years being a single father must be tough for him and his life just started to turn around. I believe as Painter gets a happier life our team will get better as well. But as a coach, an educator, he needs to express his encouragement to help these kids get better and put himself in the mix to bond them. He’s an incredible human being and this Purdue program will have a brighter future as Painter envolves himself into a different role and a older life stage.

Reactions: BelizeBoiler
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News