ADVERTISEMENT

Painter Extension & Pay Raise

He’s doing what Bo Ryan was doing for years at Wisconsin, but he is reaching the same heights at a much younger age with more potential to continue to grow the program.

Besides being absolutely fabulous coaches and great leaders who did/do things the right way.....Both were/are great at getting guys who fit their team. Interesting how both recruited an under ranked big guy that they saw something in who took them to National Title Game....Kaminski & Edey. Seemed like Ryan was often in the top 3-4 teams as is CMP. Will be fun to watch the Painter story continue, but with the NIL & transfer era....sure is different now, vs the Bo Ryan era.

Last edited:
Why should people care how many millions a basketball coach gets paid? All these coaches are really excessively overpaid. .
It’s what the market is willing to pay…just like Coleman and Osobor.

And compared to some of his peers/competitors that are paid more than him, he is underpaid with his performance the last 10 years with less resources.

Why should people care how many millions a basketball coach gets paid? All these coaches are really excessively overpaid. .
Because Painter still has a lot of coaching left in him and we would like to keep him around for a bit.

Because Painter still has a lot of coaching left in him and we would like to keep him around for a bit.
If a guy is happy where he’s at (Hurley) more millions becomes insignificant. I believe Painter is also of that mold.

If a guy is happy where he’s at (Hurley) more millions becomes insignificant. I believe Painter is also of that mold.
Eventually, they will leave if their peers, who aren’t as good as them, continue to make more and more money than them. This happens in every career and not just sports. It just seems ridiculous for coaches or players to get paid so much because common folk don’t get paid anywhere near that.

But you’re tellin me, if some guy who hasn’t proven anything and never wins anything, makes 1.5-2x your salary at minimum, and youre 5-10x better at your job, you’re ok with that? You’re not going to expect a raise or want to be paid more than that guy/guys?

Eventually, they will leave if their peers, who aren’t as good as them, continue to make more and more money than them. This happens in every career and not just sports. It just seems ridiculous for coaches or players to get paid so much because common folk don’t get paid anywhere near that.

But you’re tellin me, if some guy who hasn’t proven anything and never wins anything, makes 1.5-2x your salary at minimum, and youre 5-10x better at your job, you’re ok with that? You’re not going to expect a raise or want to be paid more than that guy/guys?
Not saying that in what you think I mean in your example. We could go back and forth on this forever. I’ll just leave it at that.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT